2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leaf spring helper help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 07:47 PM
mud slinger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaf spring helper help

Well my vehicle has lots of axle wrap and hops tires when ya floor it so I found that putting leaf helpers on the front would solve this, but the part that goes into to the eye of the spring doesn’t have the holes on the bracket high enough for the bolt to go through both sides. I could take off the plastic that comes with it that might help but it doesn’t something probably for squeaks, drill holes higher might affect his it don’t know. If y’all got any other ideas I’ll try em but I could find some way to press em together real hard and then it would work but all I got is vise grips didn’t work. I’ll probably work on it again tomorrow because it’s to tall for garages and skeeters real bad so it’s a daytime thing after I get off work so I got a few hours. So hopefully one of something works fast so I can drive it more and not drive very slowly all the time. Everything I ever do to a vehicle is never at simple as just getting the part and putting it on it’s always something else.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

How about a c-clamp??

Old 10-27-2020, 08:37 PM
mud slinger
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
How about a c-clamp??
well you make a good point I’ll see if mine fit thanks

Old 10-29-2020, 12:27 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I just want to delete this message since it is in the wrong thread.sorry

Last edited by Ugly1; 10-29-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:19 AM
mud slinger
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ugly1
I just want to delete this message since it is in the wrong thread.sorry
okay sounds good

Old 11-26-2020, 08:33 AM
mud slinger
Rookie

Welp the leaf helpers made it only hop the back tires when completely still before you could be rolling and they’d do it the ride got better more firm which I like. Offroad the rear feels a lot better, but still ya give it the beans from a dead stop you can watch the tire hop 3 inches off the ground. I guess there is no shortcuts and I’ll just have to get rid of the blocks and get custom leafs built for my lift and then it will be solved cause 6 inch lifted leafs have such a curve and I’ll get the good and stuff ones I don’t think Ill get wrap. And hey I’ll get more flex offroad.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Consider a shackle flip along with custom leaves, that will have the springs with MUCH less arch to them.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:56 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Consider a shackle flip along with custom leaves, that will have the springs with MUCH less arch to them.
A shackle flip will yield 5.75" if you keep the factory block or 2.75 if you get rid of it. The 3rd gens come from the factory like this, that's why they don't have blocks!

Quick Reply: Leaf spring helper help