2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water spot in lower left passenger side floor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 02:38 AM
Liddlez
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Water spot in lower left passenger side floor?

As soon as I got my air conditioner fixed, this started happening. It’s 100% not the heater core. But the funny thing is, my drain pipe (below the pcm) is draining. It’s definitely not the 3rd brake light as it hasn’t rained. Where could this leak be coming from? I know it’s from under the dash, but I don’t know where. Thank you all! I do apologize for the constant posts. I do try to figure things out before asking DF.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:41 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Liddlez
As soon as I got my air conditioner fixed, this started happening. It’s 100% not the heater core. But the funny thing is, my drain pipe (below the pcm) is draining. It’s definitely not the 3rd brake light as it hasn’t rained. Where could this leak be coming from? I know it’s from under the dash, but I don’t know where. Thank you all! I do apologize for the constant posts. I do try to figure things out before asking DF.
Are we talking the driver's side?

Old 11-21-2020, 02:43 AM
Liddlez
Veteran

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Are we talking the driver's side?
Passenger.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:19 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

But the funny thing is, my drain pipe (below the pcm) is draining.
It may be draining but the issue is the foam used to seal it(body to tube) deteriorates over time and allows it to come into the cab. Do a search for it, I know there are a few threads on it.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:31 AM
Liddlez
Veteran

Originally Posted by Moparite
It may be draining but the issue is the foam used to seal it(body to tube) deteriorates over time and allows it to come into the cab. Do a search for it, I know there are a few threads on it.
Did the search. Most were talking about the 3rd brake light, or door seals. Obvious places. I knew for a fact it wasn’t either of those as I’ve never experienced a wet floor before fixing my A/C. I took a look, and didn’t see evidence of water behind the dash, at the drain, BUT I did see water droplets above on the evap housing.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,389 Likes on 3,129 Posts

I *think* what happens is, the drain points straight out, so, when you are moving, wind blows the water back into the truck. The fix is to put a 90 degree elbow on the drain.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:47 AM
Liddlez
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I *think* what happens is, the drain points straight out, so, when you are moving, wind blows the water back into the truck. The fix is to put a 90 degree elbow on the drain.
I do hope that’s it. I would hate to have to modify something such as sealing with RTV. I’m headed to NAPA to purchase a 90° fitting another user talked about. Thank you so much! According to him, Dodge sold the fitting for $5 at the time, but I looked on eBay, and they want $23 for a vinyl looking tube!

Old 11-21-2020, 08:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,389 Likes on 3,129 Posts

It's a 'special' vinyl......

Quick Reply: Water spot in lower left passenger side floor?