2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exact rotor direction at Cylinder 1 TDC

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 08:55 PM
JC2000
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Where the rotor points in relation to the engine itself really doesn't matter over much, so long as number one cylinder on the cap is correct, and the relationship between the rotor, and the cam position sensor are correct, the engine will run right.
Hey You! Thanks for weighing in. Yes, true, but only if your camshaft is properly aligned with your crank...
I'm trying to use the rotor as a visual reference for the cam/crank relationship.
I have never removed my distributor drive gear so the rotor should point to where it did in the factory, unless a timing chain slip has occurred.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:46 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by JC2000
Hey You! Thanks for weighing in. Yes, true, but only if your camshaft is properly aligned with your crank...
I'm trying to use the rotor as a visual reference for the cam/crank relationship.
I have never removed my distributor drive gear so the rotor should point to where it did in the factory, unless a timing chain slip has occurred.
You can't do that. Would have to pull the timing cover and see if the marks line up

Quick Reply: Exact rotor direction at Cylinder 1 TDC