2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 03:28 PM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 125 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Sirriggs
Here is the link to the guy I was talking about. His intentions is to make the main dash ( no longer made) for these trucks. My opinion is if the truck is savable and in decent condition. Then why not put some cash into the looks? The cost of new and used trucks are out of this world. The only problem with most gas powered vehicles is they are trying to push them out for the EV future. Anyway, here is the link.

https://www.alldodgetruck.com/produc...n-cummins-dash
Even that shows Sold Out so either he got all the orders he thinks he can handle or he decided to put the project on hold.

I'm skeptical there will ever be enough demand to make it worthwhile to produce unless something like Dorman can farm it out to China for cheap, in which case it'll fit poorly and be of questionable quality (Dorman's motto essentially)

Every day that passes means more of these trucks that wind up in the scrap yard.

In 60 years will it be like something like a '58 Chevy Apache today where you can source almost everything as a reproduction piece? Probably not, if for no other reason than the EV agenda as mentioned above.

Sorry to be negative, I hope I'm wrong

Old 09-09-2022, 08:02 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just epoxied my 2001 dash back together, plastic dash cover going on next week with Polyurethane caulk, silicone caulk for this is a joke.

Old 09-09-2022, 08:07 PM
mopar_guy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
You can find a replacement dash here - https://www.genosgarage.com/

LMC Truck also has them - https://www.lmctruck.com/
I purchased the replacement dash that Geno's Garage sells. It is a true replacement, not just a piece to glue onto the old dash.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:03 AM
Keith_L
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mopar_guy
I purchased the replacement dash that Geno's Garage sells. It is a true replacement, not just a piece to glue onto the old dash.
Got a part #? I'm not seeing any such animal on their site now
https://www.genosgarage.com/category/dashtops/a

Old 09-10-2022, 10:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

The dash tops listed for the 2nd gen trucks replace the entire top part of the dash. It isn't just a cover you glue on to what's left of your cracked dash. Unfortunately, sourcing the lower part of the dash isn't quite as easy.....

Old 09-10-2022, 10:08 AM
Keith_L
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The dash tops listed for the 2nd gen trucks replace the entire top part of the dash. It isn't just a cover you glue on to what's left of your cracked dash. Unfortunately, sourcing the lower part of the dash isn't quite as easy.....
Correct but based upon OP's pics it would appear he needs more than that? Would a "dash top" fix his issues?

Old 09-10-2022, 10:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith_L
Correct but based upon OP's pics it would appear he needs more than that? Would a "dash top" fix his issues?
Nope. There is more missing of his dash, than there is that is still there. I have never seen one that bad.

The following users liked this post:
PR1AWRet (09-11-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 10:38 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 364 Likes on 342 Posts

The lower dash parts are not reproduced so if you need them you have most likely only have one option, Used. I seriously doubt there are any NOS pieces available but it wouldn't hurt to look. Do a web search for the part# you need.

https://www.moparfactoryparts.com/v-...strument-panel

Old 09-10-2022, 09:43 PM
mopar_guy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith_L
Got a part #? I'm not seeing any such animal on their site now
https://www.genosgarage.com/category/dashtops/a
Sorry. I should have said Dash Top. Mine was cracked in about ten or twelve places and there were a couple of small pieces missing. The link that you have there was for the Dash Top that I bought.

Old 09-11-2022, 05:37 PM
J D GA
Rookie
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Angry Polyurethane adhesives

Originally Posted by Adobedude
I just epoxied my 2001 dash back together, plastic dash cover going on next week with Polyurethane caulk, silicone caulk for this is a joke.
Two things, dude.

1. Got pics of your project?

2. I've used polyurethane glue before on wood and it expanded. Gorilla glue (did y'all see that girl who put it in her hair?!) Anyway, I've not used the polyurethane caulk but wonder if it will expand, giving you mounds on your dash. You used it before with no problem?

Quick Reply: Dash help