2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 11:21 PM
Arobinson11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash help

I know that the dash is a very common issue with this gen ram, but when I got this truck it had and still has literally no dash in it. I have no idea on where I should go, I looked at the local scrapyard websites and all of the dashes they have are also all destroyed. So now I’m reaching out wondering if someone else happened to deal with this? and what advice I can possible get, thanks.

Last edited by Arobinson11; 09-07-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 01:01 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

You can find a replacement dash here - https://www.genosgarage.com/

LMC Truck also has them - https://www.lmctruck.com/

Old 09-08-2022, 06:34 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 364 Likes on 342 Posts
Old 09-08-2022, 10:10 PM
Sirriggs
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Those sites you guys posted are for the top part from what I see. He is going to need the main dash part those attach to. I just went through the same thing with my 99. I ended up paying $750+ just for the main part( the plastic part). They are very hard to find in salvage yards since these guys know this and often take the good ones they find and selling them on eBay. Unless you get lucky and find a good donor truck. Good luck.

Also there is a guy that is working on a cnc program to do new dashboard main but they don't come cheap. He is charging $1,500.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:14 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

Hopefully, in time, others will start making the dash parts using a good 3D printer and bring those prices back to earth.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:23 AM
Sirriggs
Captain

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Hopefully, in time, others will start making the dash parts using a good 3D printer and bring those prices back to earth.
I agree. They are raking people over the coals for just a decent one. My butt was puckered up for a month after buying mine. Daughter laughed at me. lol. I thought mine was bad till I seen his picture.

Old 09-09-2022, 08:34 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 364 Likes on 342 Posts

Make new parts for 24 year old truck, Good luck with that. The link i posted offers a life time warranty on there full replacement dashes. They changed their site so it's hard to find now. LMC and others don't offer that. Some of the lower dash parts are not reproduced so you have to find them used. I was lucky to find a complete dash at a swap meet for $20 bucks years ago. I'm debating if it's worth using it and the same thing happen after it's installed. I only have one crack that happened after a cold/hot spell. Dash was fine when i parked it the next morning there it was.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 125 Likes on 113 Posts

I love the HF cup holder!

Old 09-09-2022, 11:50 AM
PR1AWRet
Veteran
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Put up a sun blocker for the the window. When I got the truck the PO used a sunshade everytime the truck was going to sit more than an hour. The top of the dash hasn't cracked yet. I put the sunscreen up also. The heat still got the dash bezel and the glove box and already replaced. I also use pure silicone for the plastic parts inside and for the door seals. Sounds like a new truck when closing the doors. You need the 3 parts+, dash cover, instrument bezel, and steel dash/support frame with the end caps. $2500 to $3000, if you can find a good a steel dash/support frame with good end caps. If it were me and I'm very picky, get one of the cloth dash covers for $50 and call it good or just a bit better. Run the truck into the ground which it looks like from the inside. I see many things wrong inside your cab that need repair. Don't waste money trying to make it look good. Save $ and buy a good condition one $5k to $8k if your stuck on a 2nd gen.

Old 09-09-2022, 01:08 PM
Sirriggs
Captain

Here is the link to the guy I was talking about. His intentions is to make the main dash ( no longer made) for these trucks. My opinion is if the truck is savable and in decent condition. Then why not put some cash into the looks? The cost of new and used trucks are out of this world. The only problem with most gas powered vehicles is they are trying to push them out for the EV future. Anyway, here is the link.

https://www.alldodgetruck.com/produc...n-cummins-dash

The following users liked this post:
12 Volt Man (01-26-2023)

Quick Reply: Dash help