2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Solid roller lifters for 5.9 magnum

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 02:09 AM
Gatragjerry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid roller lifters for 5.9 magnum

Could any one suggest tome a solid/mec.
roller lifter that will work with a push rod type oiling system
All or most of the lifters say they work for the LA block and the magnum block I find that highly unlikely I seek a lifter that I can drop in and the magnum lifter bores will pump oil to the rocker simple thank you

Old 05-07-2023, 10:16 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

How do you plan to adjust your valves?

Old 05-07-2023, 01:23 PM
Gatragjerry

I have trick flow heads and Harlem sharp rockerarms the head model is TFS-6141t784 it is designed for only solid lifters. I don't necessarily like the trick flow heads I have a brand new set of w2 heads I was going to use I waited a year to get them from summit racing then I started adding up the w2 intake the exhaust the rockers and I decided on these heads because I could use the airgap manifold that I didn't have to wait another year for I have a stroker 408 kit balanced rotating *** I bought a neutral balanced flywheel and balancer I a few years ago put a six speed gatrag Manuel trans mission in my 1997 1500 I sell the w2 heads I have receipts there six months old for 700 both heads there bare heads or trade for a good 5.9 block magnum I need a core I want to put all this in and I don't want to pull my motor till it's complete

Old 05-07-2023, 02:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Erm, I don't think the heads really care about solid or hydraulic lifters...... I see the heads say "solid lifter" but, they are set up for some really extreme lift.... (.700?? Holy smokes) Might be tempted to give 'em a call, and see if it will play nice with hydraulic rollers, and a reasonable cam.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:45 AM
Gatragjerry

Is it me or you just a condescending person who wants to act like? They know everything about everything there is to do with the Mopar. I asked a simple question about where I could find a solid lifters
in stead of trying to be helpful .you start off not helpfull but know it all with starements like (The head can not tell the differance between solid or hydr lifters )!"
The valve springs are sure going to know the difference the heads i was refering to have stiffer spings like you need for a high lift solid roller cam
​​​2nd
your next nice helpful statements was 700 lift (holy smoke ) I was referring 700$ for a set of w2 heads I have in my garage brand new
3rd
I found and bought on line solid roller lifters the cost me 745$ that hurts thanks for the help
Mybe that smart *** bully funning and that let me show you what I know works for you but these small block mopars I was stripping parts off and putting back together starting out at 12 years old in. My dad's garrage good buy I'm sixty two
Mr administrator

Old 05-08-2023, 08:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gatragjerry
Is it me or you just a condescending person who wants to act like? They know everything about everything there is to do with the Mopar. I asked a simple question about where I could find a solid lifters
in stead of trying to be helpful .you start off not helpfull but know it all with starements like (The head can not tell the differance between solid or hydr lifters )!"
The valve springs are sure going to know the difference the heads i was refering to have stiffer spings like you need for a high lift solid roller cam
​​​2nd
your next nice helpful statements was 700 lift (holy smoke ) I was referring 700$ for a set of w2 heads I have in my garage brand new
3rd
I found and bought on line solid roller lifters the cost me 745$ that hurts thanks for the help
Mybe that smart *** bully funning and that let me show you what I know works for you but these small block mopars I was stripping parts off and putting back together starting out at 12 years old in. My dad's garrage good buy I'm sixty two
Mr administrator
Just trying to get a handle on what you are trying to do.

Look up the specs for the heads you want. Look at max lift. .700. THAT is where I got that number from.

I am also 62, and have been working on cars/trucks/semi's most of my life. Do I know everything? Nope. I know quite a bit though, and before I suggest ANYTHING, I like to have as much information as possible. If you see that as 'bullying', or 'smart ***', then maybe you should consider staying off the internet, as you seem overly sensitive to be out in public.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:32 PM
Gatragjerry

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Just trying to get a handle on what you are trying to do.

Look up the specs for the heads you want. Look at max lift. .700. THAT is where I got that number from.

I am also 62, and have been working on cars/trucks/semi's most of my life. Do I know everything? Nope. I know quite a bit though, and before I suggest ANYTHING, I like to have as much information as possible. If you see that as 'bullying', or 'smart ***', then maybe you should consider staying off the internet, as you seem overly sensitive to be out in public.
well once again I only asked where to get solid lifter s that would work on magnum heads and nothing else and you once again go instead of helping je by suggesting a product you I. A condescending hyperbaric attitude tell me the following
you might want to consider stay off the inter net yes your right when some one talks to me like i am a punk i'm not going to play. Nice may I suggest you stay off my response page and if you( listened to me I would not respect you) because I don't let any one tell me what to do and I see you don't eiather
I on a more positive note like the fight in you and your not a girlyman so peace and ill I live in California and it seems like all the boys want be girls out here I'm just fighting the good fight and your right I was a little sinsitive my humble apologies I don't want waste your time any more or the forums time talking about this any longer I relize today you were trying to help me
talk to you later

Old 05-08-2023, 05:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gatragjerry
well once again I only asked where to get solid lifter s that would work on magnum heads and nothing else and you once again go instead of helping je by suggesting a product you I. A condescending hyperbaric attitude tell me the following
you might want to consider stay off the inter net yes your right when some one talks to me like i am a punk i'm not going to play. Nice may I suggest you stay off my response page and if you( listened to me I would not respect you) because I don't let any one tell me what to do and I see you don't eiather
I on a more positive note like the fight in you and your not a girlyman so peace and ill I live in California and it seems like all the boys want be girls out here I'm just fighting the good fight and your right I was a little sinsitive my humble apologies I don't want waste your time any more or the forums time talking about this any longer I relize today you were trying to help me
talk to you later
No worries.

I still don't understand why those heads are demanding solid lifters. That makes zero sense to me. Unless seat pressures are something truly stupid??? (didn't check that.....)

Old 05-09-2023, 12:54 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 320 Likes on 302 Posts

W2 cylinder heads were strictly made for racing, They were developed for the 340 & 360 LA engines (and the Chrysler small block race block that first came out in '79 or '80, I believe) many, many years ago and not the magnum engines. If you are going to run W2 heads on a magnum engine, at a minimum, you will have to deal with how you're planning to get oil to the rocker gear (magnum engine does pushrod oiling via the hydraulic lifters vs. the LA engine that oils the rocker gear through a port on each deck of the block which feeds the heads/rocker shafts with oil). Some fabrication skills will be likely be needed to make those heads work with a magnum block. Even if you do get those W2 heads to work on the magnum engine, they are capable of producing enough power (in ported race trim) to hurt the short block in fairly short order, which is why Chrysler developed the small block race block.

You might want to search or post your questions on the Moparts.com forum (under the Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech forum section) for further assistance, if desired. Direct Connection published an engine modification 'bible' (P4120792) that has a lot of good information about using the W2 heads on LA engines. You can find a link to an example of that book here - https://www.ebay.com/itm/304929736945

Quick Reply: Solid roller lifters for 5.9 magnum