2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 06:55 PM
oddone
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed!!

well got the pickup coil under distributor swapped out while i had a break in the rain and hooked battery back up, turned the key and she came to life and runs smooth!

Old 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

That sounds a lot like a failed crank sensor. But, the pump shouldn't be running then either.....

Old 09-12-2023, 11:52 AM
oddone
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That sounds a lot like a failed crank sensor. But, the pump shouldn't be running then either.....
Nope ended up being the pickup coil underneath the distributor cap either way has new pickup coil and new crank sensor as when I replaced just the crank sensor it still would not start so replaced the pick up coil underneath the cap as it is also for some reason called the cam sensor but running great and starts every time so i consider it fixed

Old 09-13-2023, 07:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Ma Mopar made finding the sensor under the cap fun. Technically, it's a 'cam position sensor', but, all the parts stores I have gone to call it a pickup coil......

The following users liked this post:
oddone (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 10:18 AM
oddone
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Ma Mopar made finding the sensor under the cap fun. Technically, it's a 'cam position sensor', but, all the parts stores I have gone to call it a pickup coil......
that is what threw me off at first with someone calling it a cam sensor then i actually went on youtube to try to see and i came across the video explaining that the cam sensor was the pick up coil a pain to do but at least that part i was able to do myself vs the rank sensor (twice) had to hire someone else to do it

Quick Reply: crank no start