2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Guad headlights problem

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:25 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 323 Likes on 305 Posts

I bought a relayed conversion headlight harness when I converted to the quad headlight setup and all four headlight bulbs come on in low beam when using this harness. I use the harness from these folks - https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/hea...ion-relay-kit/

You may want to give them a call to see what you might modify on your existing setup to get all four headlights to come on in low beam.

Old Today, 11:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,295 Likes on 3,042 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
I bought a relayed conversion headlight harness when I converted to the quad headlight setup and all four headlight bulbs come on in low beam when using this harness. I use the harness from these folks - https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/hea...ion-relay-kit/

You may want to give them a call to see what you might modify on your existing setup to get all four headlights to come on in low beam.
All four are on with LOW beam???? Typo?

Old Today, 12:39 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Originally Posted by HeyYou
All four are on with LOW beam???? Typo?
No typo. All four headlights are on in low beam in the low beam setting for the bulbs. When switching to high beam, all four bulbs are on in the high beam bulb setting. In reviewing the notes for the relay conversion on his website, he states that all four headlights are on in low beam as well.

Thanks for asking..

Old Today, 01:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

No typo. All four headlights are on in low beam in the low beam setting for the bulbs. When switching to high beam, all four bulbs are on in the high beam bulb setting. In reviewing the notes for the relay conversion on his website, he states that all four headlights are on in low beam as well.

Thanks for asking..
Ah, so you have four 9004 bulbs in there?? That would explain a lot.

Old Today, 02:05 PM
AtomicDog
Champion

Bulbs are 9007 on the outside (larger section of the lens reflector) and 9004 on the inside (smaller section of the lens reflector). Both are Sylvania Silverstars..

Old Today, 02:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Bulbs are 9007 on the outside (larger section of the lens reflector) and 9004 on the inside (smaller section of the lens reflector). Both are Sylvania Silverstars..
That's gotta put out some serious light.

Quick Reply: Guad headlights problem