2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quad headlights problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 01:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,296 Likes on 3,042 Posts

Well, they are FOG lights. If it's foggy out, using your high beams actually decreases your visibility..... so, no real point to have them on if it isn't foggy.... Now, on the other hand, if they were DRIVING lights, then having them with highbeams would make more sense.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 372 Likes on 350 Posts

What i noticed is if the highs are on you can cant see what's coming out of the woods on the side of the road(deer). If the highs are on there isn't any body in the oncoming lane so why would it matter. Regardless i want mine on.

Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Moparite
What i noticed is if the highs are on you can cant see what's coming out of the woods on the side of the road(deer). If the highs are on there isn't any body in the oncoming lane so why would it matter. Regardless i want mine on.
I live in Michigan, so, Deer are indeed an issue here. I have the stock headlights in my truck.... It's a sport model, but, early 98, so, single bulb headlamps. I really don't have a problem seeing things on the side of the road.... but, the trees crowd pretty close to the road here too.... Don't care how bright your lights are, if something is off in the trees, ya just ain't gonna see it at night. (until its too late....) I haven't hit a deer yet..... though I have come close.

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM
J D GA
Rookie
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can the title of this be corrected to QUAD, not Guad? Won't come up in a future search for quad.
Thanks in advance.

The following users liked this post:
AtomicDog (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by J D GA
Can the title of this be corrected to QUAD, not Guad? Won't come up in a future search for quad.
Thanks in advance.
I can do that.

Quick Reply: Quad headlights problem