2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hypertech?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006 | 03:00 AM
shott8283
Default RE: Hypertech?

yea .. well put... unless you got a monster 136amp alt and it doesnt even bat an eyelash at a 100 amp split second draw... or 2 12's hitting below 50 hz for 10 seconds in duration with no stiff cap....

i think my alt will do just fun and not make the motor run harder... and besides the fact that newer alts produce AC current (then converted to DC at the voltage regulator) witch takes less energy to produce through a solid or wound core stator....

9 times out of 10 youll break your fan if it takes a bath in water only if its actually spinning .. thast why 9 times out of 10 dodge rammers that do the conversion install a kill switch so that the fan isnt spinning hitting the water creating a massive amount of drag and breaking the fan blades.... its hard to actually short out a fan motor...there built to withstand water sumerging

so im not jacking the thread....again havnt heard many great things through a piiggy back type of programer unless its used on a diesel...

unfortuantly you have OBD1 and your options are vastley limited ... a piggy back may only be your only option...and infact may work better b/c its the only source of programing...worth a shot...

Old 02-12-2006 | 04:36 PM
mustang_170556
Professional
Default RE: Hypertech?

with the fan issue. i am in the army and am constantly traveling on the freeway. i bought my 00' ram 2500 with about 48,000 miles on it. i put about 24,000 miles on it in 10 months so every little bit helps. now, because all my miles are on the freeway, i didn't need a fan running all the time. that's the beautiful thing about these electric fans. when they're not needed, they're not running. freeway=free cooling. unless you're towing.

Quick Reply: Hypertech?