2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Valve Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve Covers

Looking into getting some new valve covers and I am haveing a problem finding any. Anyone have some suggestions on where to look besides summit. Don't want to pay 200 for a set of MP. I would like to get Aluminum.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:12 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: Valve Covers

I think they are all about the same $... try krc performance.com or hughes engines...

edit... I checked both of the above sites... and didnt see them easily...

http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/ram.html check about 1/2 way down... they're about $189

Old 02-15-2006, 03:30 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

them are the only ones i could find for our motors ,,, them are the ones im getting too scott

Old 02-15-2006, 10:33 AM
MGDMike
Champion

What about some Edelbrocks?

Old 02-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

What about some Edelbrocks?
According to their web, Edelbrocks end at 91 for Dodge and will not fit magnum engines. Thats what I wanted, I like the way they look.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny, Edelbrock makes alum 2.02 heads for the Magnum but not the valve covers. I would check that out more thoroughly. Email them and ask if they have valve covers for part # 61779

Old 02-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

Indy I was going to pm you, I figured if anyone knew it would be you. By the way what color blue is your dash anyway and how the heck did you paint the vents. If I tried to get my fins out I would probably brake them.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Vents, oh yeah, what a fricken treat that was. One of the few mods I have done that really drove me nuts. They are tricky little sob's & major pain in the @ss to reinstall. If your thin on patience or have high blood pressure I wouldnt advise this mod lol.
Vents, dash, gauge bezel & seat pedestals all have the same paint.

I used Tremclad primer and gloss medium blue & clear coat (no clear used on vanes), think its only available in Canada. Took a couple coats on each side till they were right. Make sure they are very dry before installing them. The paint I used is sort of enamel like so I gave them a lot of time. Sure there is better paint to use.

Pic below, vanes have small tabs at the top that they pivot on. They have other tabs 1/2 way down on the sides. These tabs plug into the thin piece with 5 holes, the upside down "U" piece connects the last 2 vanes on the opposite side. The vanes are in the right order except the top 2 need to switch. You have to either put it together like that then push the 10pcs(2 round pieces thumb wheels) into the case while maintaining the right distance and keeping everything together or put the vane into the case and try to put the connectors onto all the tabs.(couldnt do it) Lots of cursing and swearing is required threw this step. & I mean LOTS lmao.

I managed to get everyone back in without breaking anything except for one vane. One vanes tab snapped off as I put the last vent together. If I open/close them the one tab wont move back closed. Need to remove them, drill the one and pin it to fix it. Not at the top of the list right now lol.

Left vent, right hand vane is the broken one [:@]

Good luck if you choose to accept this mission,,,,you may not come back

Old 02-17-2006, 03:27 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Forgot to mention, when I did the mock up/test fit I threw a stock valve cover on my Edelbrock heads that are pictured in my avatar and everything lined up.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:12 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

but isnt that your 408? or the same heads..

Quick Reply: Valve Covers