2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The time has come

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: The time has come

since this is a dead thread anyway and proly get deleted.. and kinda "my" thread anyway.. i feel like jacking it lol

hey socha you ever make out on that oem air hat? lemme know if you still need one..ill dig it out of the garage and dust it off if you need it.. just pay postage

Old 08-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I still need it I'm just wondering where I should have you send it. I leave for college Thursday, so if you mailed it Monday, it would take probably at least to Thursday to get here. I'm kinda thinking I'll give you the address of our house at school otherwise it'd come here and I'd have to ahve it mailed up there anyways [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 PM
shott8283

alright.. so do you need the airhat and tube or just the airhat? i dont remember if i have a K&N in it or not... if i do id have to get some money just for the filter.. and do you have paypal so you could reimburse me for the shipping?

ill go over today to the garage and try to dig it out and see if i have the filter still or not..unleess you laready have one for it.. ill be back later to let ya know

Old 08-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Just need the airhat. I'd be willing to buck up some extra if you have a K&N in there for sure. Right now I have a crappy Fram Filter[:@]

I have PayPal too, quick and easy or I can just mail a check.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:31 AM
shott8283

ight man.. got it out of the garage... i forgot to look inside of it to see if the K&N was still in there but i will look tomorow and let ya know... and then ill ship it out monday... depending on what type of shipping you want me to do.. i will do what ever you want to pay for.. just leme know..

ill post more details tomorow prolly

Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
goneracein

although I'm new to the site, i hate to see some one leave over somthing so stupid.
not sure how old you guys are but my god act your age! " well maybe you are, I don't know "
it seems to me you both have much know how, it doesn't matter if your a backyard meck or not. ME, sure I'm no mech with degrees from schools, but i've been around for years working on my own **** 'cause i just dont trust anybody. it's just the way I am.
I call myself OLD SCHOOL. 'cause i'm old. this computer **** is more for the NEW age I belive I like the old stuff that a guy can fix himself with out have $40.000 in tools and dodads just to find out somthing is wrong. anyway you two just need quit the **** and keep your know coming to those like me that can use it. NOW GROW UP BOYS!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Sorry you are leaving over something as stupid as that. Like someone said - who cares what something is NAMED as long as the right part gets ordered. This is a WORLDWIDE forum in case you have forgotten. I have to agree with Silver - I had TWO dealerships with CERTIFIED TECHS that have MORE years of service than you have that REBUILT my transmission TWICE - and still didn't find the problem!!!! The "backyard rednecks, hillbillies, shadetree mechanics," on this forum TOLD ME HOW TO FIX IT - AND IT WORKED! (also probably $150 cheaper than if YOU fixed it) I had to tell the DEALER TECHS how to fix it in the future. Techs are far from being gods. So - I hate to see someone with knowledge leave us - but if that is the way you feel about someone different from you in a different area from you.....GOODBYE!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: goneracein

although I'm new to the site, i hate to see some one leave over somthing so stupid.
not sure how old you guys are but my god act your age! " well maybe you are, I don't know "
it seems to me you both have much know how, it doesn't matter if your a backyard meck or not. ME, sure I'm no mech with degrees from schools, but i've been around for years working on my own **** 'cause i just dont trust anybody. it's just the way I am.
I call myself OLD SCHOOL. 'cause i'm old. this computer **** is more for the NEW age I belive I like the old stuff that a guy can fix himself with out have $40.000 in tools and dodads just to find out somthing is wrong. anyway you two just need quit the **** and keep your know coming to those like me that can use it. NOW GROW UP BOYS!!!

Yeah ... what HE said. ^^^^^^^

Man ... ya' take one friggin' weekend off and look at what ya' miss! DAMMIT!!! [:@]

Old 08-21-2006, 09:43 PM
shott8283

yea bill!!! quit screwin around!

heheheh

Old 08-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

What the hell I trade in the ram and go to another section and the **** hits the fan. Tani what are you doing to my section. It's bad enough that you slam me in the Thong thread but you have let the 2nd Gen go to hell. I guess I will have to buy another one just to start posting more often. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Ryan and fiveliterbtr, I don't know what happened and to tell you the truth I don't care. Ryan you have helped me out a few times and I am thankfull for it. I have worked on the big rigs and my own rides and have found that most of the time not knowing what the hell to do is better. Take it apart and put it back together and learn as you go. Backyard weekend mechs are ok with me. But I also know that if it was not for the ASE mech I know, I would have done somethings so f'ed that I probably would have blow my *** up. So with that said, I say to both of you end it now, and remember why we joined DF we love our DODGEs!!!!

Now make up [sm=deal.gif] [sm=love.gif] [sm=partyparty.gif]

Quick Reply: The time has come