2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The time has come

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 03:25 PM
fiveliterbtr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The time has come

I've posted this here since I've only helped in the 2nd gen. area since signing up. It's been fun until now, helping others with what I can, but once my actual, real-world experience is questioned by those that think they know it all by being a backyard "mechanic", it's no longer necessary for me to help, since backyarders know more than anyone with 10+ years of factory and aftermarket training.

Good luck with those control arms shott...I haven't had any cracker jacks lately, but I'm sure the definition of an SLA suspension is in there somewhere.

Good to see as a "contributing" member, you feel it's alright to basically call me stupid...not all technicians are like that, some actually try to explain your misinformation, in order to help others learn and grow.

I'm sure I'll still visit to check any hate mail and flames...if anyone I've been dealing with thru pm has any more questions, feel free to continue...my knowledge just stays private now.

Goodbye.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:30 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Default RE: The time has come

he stated his opinion, you stated yours, you even said yourself that yall were simply using different terms...... your making too big a deal out of nothin- but w/e 'goodbye'

Old 08-19-2006, 03:46 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

man,, didnt think you would get all butthurt over difference in opinion.. and as a backyard mechanic redneck retard that i am,,, apperently its ok for you certified mechanics to look down on us weekend warriors like your some god or something,, that we should automatically beleive everything you say b/c you say so.. theres more non certified gear heads on this site i would trust working on my vehicles then i would ever let some dealer mech work on ...and im sure thers a few that would agree with me..

sorry it had to go this way..and you can see i retracted my post in that thread .. figured it wasnt a big deal and took care of it.. but since you want it this way.. i say good-riddens.. allmighty one!

Old 08-19-2006, 04:02 PM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [X(] lol what the hell caused this?I have gotten great info from both of you ,Now kiss and go muddin

Old 08-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Tani1500
Champion

ok this is rediculous. were going at each other over nothing here guys. who cares what the damn thing is called. call it an "A" arm, call it a control arm, call it the metal thingy that holds the wheel to the frame. who gives a ****. just because we call soda soda in the north and they call it coke or somthing else. that doesnt make them wrong. I agree with shott's. alot of ASE guys look down on us like we are idiots. i took my transfercase apart. took a broken peice of it to the dodge dealer and he had no clue what it was. ive never touched a transfercase before that and i new it was a shift fork. i can hardly trust them. yes there are a few i can. you may very well be one of them. you have provided me great info in the past. no one here is calling you stupid and no one thinks that. if you want to leave because of this fine. but why dont you guys act like the adults that you are and stop your stupid bickering. ( and im talking to both of you ) I hope that you guys can both appologys to each other and get this baby crap over with!

Old 08-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: fiveliterbtr...not all technicians are like that, some actually try to explain your misinformation, in order to help others learn and grow.
What misinformation? You yourself stated that Shott was correct:
ORIGINAL: fiveliterbtr
...call your dealer, ask for an upper control arm for a 2wd Ram, you will get an A-arm...it's as simple as that, the terms are interchangeable...
So if the terms are interchangeable as you yourself said, then you were both right, and therefore there was no misinformation. So it appears to me that you are now choosing to stomp out all mad only because someone dared question you, even though he was right. Makes you seem kinda like a cry-baby to me. Sorry, just my 2 cents.

And honestly, fiveliterbtr, I never knew you were a certified service tech to begin with. Maybe you should identify yourself as such somewhere, like in your username or sig (which only identifies you as a "Closet hillbilly no more"). But I would like to point out that being a certifed service mechanic, and having x years of experience does not exempt you from being questioned. I certainly questioned the Chrysler ASE mechanic that installed my brake shoes backwards, or the Ford ASE certified mechanic that let a vacuum line get pinched under my intake when it was reinstalled, or the Chrysler ASE mechanic that "forgot" to install the front seal during my transmission rebuild. How many mistakes have I made like this as a backyard shadetree mechanic? Answer is 0, so don't look down your nose at me.

Old 08-19-2006, 04:36 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Tani1500

just because we call soda soda in the north and they call it coke or somthing else. that doesnt make them wrong.

bingo- makes YALL wrong

(sorry. had to)

but seriously yall, grow up, dont leave a forum just b/c someone disagreed with you

Old 08-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, and just to clear it up, your were both WRONG! [sm=laughat.gif]

The 2001 Dodge Ram Service Manual printed by Daimler Chrysler Corp calls it a "suspension arm". You're both on timeout until you can call every suspension component by its proper name.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/DB6405BBFFC144E09B190E9ECAA711ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-19-2006, 05:52 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i hate being in timeout

good ole' silver bringing out the trump card!!!! i like it

Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker