2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WRECKED!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WRECKED!!!!!

Here is the National Insurance Program ( NIP ) website. Use the contacts page to get a phone number:

http://www.nipgroup.com/

Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
RamOwna
Professional

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter1962

Here is the National Insurance Program ( NIP ) website. Use the contacts page to get a phone number:

http://www.nipgroup.com/
i've been to that website and actually called the 1-800 number, the lady told me they only have commercial auto insurance which i don't think this guy was driving a commercial truck, it was personalized with no work decals or anything... lowered 2/3 or 2/4 i believe too

Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
RamOwna
Professional

ORIGINAL: bamory

And it almost sounds like hemay havea certificate of deposit certificate as insurance.
what is that?

Old 12-27-2006, 04:51 PM
RamOwna
Professional

got back from the stealership, estimated cost of repair is going to be $8,289.68, damn.... Parts: $4,404.37 Labor:$2,860 bucks Supplies: $749.95 and some tax thrown in there for the labor.

Truck is a "Total Loss" It's worth 6,850 according to Nada.com, and the estimate is 8,200...

This sucks, I like my Ram too.. [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 12-27-2006, 04:53 PM
tkid98

I wonder if NIP on an accident report stands for No Insurance Provided (Presented). It seems that the officer would have written down the policy number and expiration date if it was presented to him.
Best of luck, my friend.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 PM
RamOwna
Professional

ORIGINAL: tkid98

I wonder if NIP on an accident report stands for No Insurance Provided (Presented). It seems that the officer would have written down the policy number and expiration date if it was presented to him.
Best of luck, my friend.
i'm gonna be a pissed off white boy if that is the case

Old 12-27-2006, 05:45 PM
1RewdRam

I agree it sounds like an acronym along the lines of "Non Insured Program", we used to have something like that when I lived in VA. You'd pay a few hundred dollars and get a certificate that allows you to get a license for your vehicle. Most states have an "uninsured drivers fee" on all policies for just this kind of situation YOUR insurance company covers it if the other driver doesn't have insurance.

That said sorry about your truck. Practically the same thing happened to my brother last year, but he eventually got them not to total his truck and he had it repaired (Stealership). Wishes now he had simply taken the check and gotten a new/used one. He says it's fine and they did a real great job but had to sign away any future liability on the repairs (NO guarantee) plus says things "just don't feel right" so maybe you're better off.

What really sux is knowing it'll end up back on the road somewhere with a "new" title ..............

Old 12-27-2006, 05:52 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get your insurance company involved, even though they have no interest, they can help.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:27 PM
RamOwna
Professional

I'm gonna take the money and run if i have the opportunity to, 8k to fix it, i could probly squeeze the cost of the vehicle atleast (6,850)

I just talked to the police, I asked about the insurance info and stuff, and they said give it a few days for the cops to input the accident in the system and then to call the officer handling my part of the ordeal, and i would get the correct and full information, if there is any.

I'm still trying to post these pictures but i can't figure it out, if anyone would like to help please do, i am trying to transfer the pictures from my cell phone via text to my email, then from email to the website... but its in .bmp format and i can't figure out how change it to .jpg

Old 12-27-2006, 07:45 PM
BradBeyer
Veteran

to change the pic from .bmp to .jpg just open up paint in windows (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint),next open the picture in paint (File > Open > choose the .bmp file on your hard drive), then save the picture as a .jpg (File > Save As > make sure in the "save as type" you choose .jpg) and it will convert the pic to .jpg

Any questions just ask.

Quick Reply: WRECKED!!!!!