2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WRECKED!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 PM
RamOwna
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WRECKED!!!!!

ahhh yes, the follow up to my poor truck. Well, it's been quite some time since I last posted about my truck so I'll try and do a small follow.

I no longer live in phoenix (curse that place), moved back to CO where Imet amechanic/miracle worker(Joe) who said he would do all my body work, paint, Rhino line, fix the airbag... etc. for $2500.

Well, I gave him the $2,500 and months later my truck is finally to the point of being painted.

Hour upon hour of body work, bondo, trying now parts, (door that didn't fit), and a decent bed from a junkyard... and she is coming alive.

here are a few pics.

I also am moving to another town, grand junction for those of you in CO, where I will be attending a trade school, where I hopefully will become a successful mechanic.

Upon hearing this Joe decided to go a step further and fix all my mechanical for his discounted price of parts cost with no labor.

so far we have this done: New tranny lines, new fuel line w/new battery tie downs lol, new passenger door latch, new light switch, new bearings for idler and tensioner, new bushings, new steering link, and lastly a new belt...

Not to mention we ordered a new tailgate, new grille, and new chrome front bumper from an aftermarket place in Albaquerque, NM.... which should be arriving any day now, all in all... it seems I am going to have a new truck (to me atleast) and it couldn't be possible without the miracle worker that I met a few months ago.

[IMG]local://upfiles/42489/79E09C4037C7475B89B4BEBD3B86A718.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42489/7056A9B006D94D46987827C45248228F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-28-2007, 01:20 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

its illegal in georgia to not have some kind of insurance... if you get in a wreck with no insurance or get caught drivin without it... its jail buddy. I dont understand the rest of the country...

Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 PM
99Ram1500sport
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear things are working out for you

its illegal in georgia to not have some kind of insurance... if you get in a wreck with no insurance or get caught drivin without it... its jail buddy. I dont understand the rest of the country...
thank god i live in georgia. i've seen it happen. oh yea and GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

wow so what have you been doing for the past 10 months with no truck? or did it drive it was just all messed up... glad to hear you are getting it fixed

Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

glad your getting close to being done. I remember that night i took my laptop out to my truck to help you with your tail light wires. I wondered what happened to ya

Old 10-28-2007, 09:41 PM
spaz_22
Captain

So did he actually have insurance???

Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Ben D.
Champion

wow dude u mean the cop just wrote down NIP on his form wtf is that ****. I wouldn't allow anyone to elave an accident scene without having all their information cop or not. and if the cop wouldn't allow that then u get all the cops info his name badge no his station and if it turns up the cop screwed up then you go after him. I ****ing hate people when I'm driving. u have no idea how pissed I get just reading this ****. I got tanked in the *** when I was driving my wrangler and luckily all I needed was a new tailgate. the truck that hit me was a totally other story. then it got backed into, lady dinged my door, some kid vandalized it when i saw him do it. I really want to buy a new truck but I get mad not gonna lie I have a temper and if **** like that happened I dunno if I wouldn't hurt someone. actually I know I would.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 PM
RamOwna
Professional

yea, he had insurance, i got like 5,500 from geico and opted to keep my truck because is stills runs like a champ.

and yes, i just drove it around for months upon months with it all smashed up until I got it fixed, and yea i remember you helping me with those damned tailights too.. i ended up just not having taillights for a month or so until i got a new truck bed and rewired it...

it's all comin together now, today he shot a few coats of clear coat and tomorrow i am going to pick up when i get off of work

it's been a long time for my truck to finally get what it deserves, a fresh new look

Quick Reply: WRECKED!!!!!