2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Top Speed Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:49 AM
jisthangin01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Speed Limiter

Yea, I can see what you mean by after your crusin at 120+ not gettin caught, But you can't outrun the radio! And as far as cops not chasing you, I got chased up a highway with my friend around here for a while. We turned off, and the cops drove right by. We were doin bout 120 - 140 mph when we drove by em. Only reason we knew they drove by was b/c our friend was behind us in his exploder. I had a 95 z28 camarrow and my friend was in his 92 mustang gt. Both were pretty crazy fast haha. I think it mostly depends on the cop. Younger cops i think tend to go after those chases alot more than an older cop would. Atleast thats how it seems with all the officers i know.
Have yourselves a good night!

Old 12-30-2006, 04:57 AM
matt62557

ORIGINAL: JD770

All kidding aside.
You are an idiot.

So is anyone else that goes that fast in a vehicle not designed for it. Please let me know if you ever move to Georgia so that we can move.

If you passed a cop around here at 120 they'd be on your *** in a hemi charger or new Mustang.
All Kidding Aside
You Are a D*ckhead

I'm moveing to georgia tommorow, so u might want to move tonight.

Cops around here still drive chevy caprices....ive ran from the cops, and ive gotten away both times...quit busting my *****. I dont care if you think its a bad idea, and i dont care if you think im an idiot, this goes for all of you. All i asked for was how to remove my top speed limiter...not if its a stupid idea....if you dont like speed then you dont need toown a dodge. Thank you to the guys who werent being jerks.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:58 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

guys he has a 95 5.2........ how is he going to use a hypertech on an OBD1 vehicle? unless he uses the piggyback, which ive heard dont work, and even if it does you dont ahve the options on it like you do the OBDII, so its really not worth it.

back when i first got my truck (also a 95 5.2) i had it over 100 with no sort of speed limiter removal...... not much over 100, but close to 110. ill never do it again unless i have to though haha.

good luck.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:31 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: matt62557

ORIGINAL: JD770

All kidding aside.
You are an idiot.

So is anyone else that goes that fast in a vehicle not designed for it. Please let me know if you ever move to Georgia so that we can move.

If you passed a cop around here at 120 they'd be on your *** in a hemi charger or new Mustang.
All Kidding Aside
You Are a D*ckhead

I'm moveing to georgia tommorow, so u might want to move tonight.

Cops around here still drive chevy caprices....ive ran from the cops, and ive gotten away both times...quit busting my *****. I dont care if you think its a bad idea, and i dont care if you think im an idiot, this goes for all of you. All i asked for was how to remove my top speed limiter...not if its a stupid idea....if you dont like speed then you dont need toown a dodge. Thank you to the guys who werent being jerks.
for legal reasons I dont condone it...but, Ill say this...its not something I havent done on "occasion"
+1 for maxing it out ::cough cough:: at the track :: cough cough:: <<rolls eyes

Old 12-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

i read 116 is the speed limiter, had to 100 once

Old 12-30-2006, 03:29 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any 5.2, 5.9 or 8.0L I have owned would top out at 105-112mph
Seeing its OBDI only one thing to remove the limiter, MP PCM

Old 08-07-2019, 10:00 PM
Aaron Lanning
Default I

Originally Posted by JD770
you plan on running low 13s in the 1320?

If not there is no reason to drive a full size truck over 90mph.
needed to go faster today. Someo e stole my wifes kia sadona vann yesterday i seen it today got behind them and called the police they punched yhe pedal i tried to follow but couldnt get pass 80 mph they got away because i couldnt keep giving the police the roads they were turning my 5.2 v8 got burned by a 4 banger kia because of this limiter thats bull **** if i cant get this off my truck if i see them again i will intentionally colide with it they are both my vehicles and the gucking cops hung up on me while i was persuing so yes sometimes you just need to alittle faster and on top of that the tranny in the vann doesnt even shift sometimes so for that vann to get away from yor v8 truck on a higheay just made me sick **** this truck wish i still had my trans am then i could of followed till wherever they were going

Old 08-07-2019, 10:19 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Lanning
needed to go faster today. Someo e stole my wifes kia sadona vann yesterday i seen it today got behind them and called the police they punched yhe pedal i tried to follow but couldnt get pass 80 mph they got away because i couldnt keep giving the police the roads they were turning my 5.2 v8 got burned by a 4 banger kia because of this limiter thats bull **** if i cant get this off my truck if i see them again i will intentionally colide with it they are both my vehicles and the gucking cops hung up on me while i was persuing so yes sometimes you just need to alittle faster and on top of that the tranny in the vann doesnt even shift sometimes so for that vann to get away from yor v8 truck on a higheay just made me sick **** this truck wish i still had my trans am then i could of followed till wherever they were going
A 4 banger today makes as much, sometimes more, then your V8. Not to mention you are in s heavy truck.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,402 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Lanning
If it won't go past 80, then something is wrong with it. There is no speed limiter on your truck.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:12 AM
Joshua Snyder

I have a 99 8.0L V10 and I have to admit I had to let the teenager inside of me feel the adrenaline rush of over 100 mph. I am certainly not one to habit driving recklessly any more as I am no spring chicken any more but my tank of a truck with the rebuilt trans and new lower intake manifold managed 119. Fellas lemme be the first to say... I saw what it do and I am satisfied with never making it do that again. Mind you I'm not stranger to a road race or a strong vehicle... but holy F****** hell.... I was not ready for the white knuckle, suck you into the seat, steady non stop climb to the top, amazeballs rush that unleashing a v10 is.. and I got my fix and I'm good with old man driving that beast. Much respect for the monster under the hood!!!!

Quick Reply: Top Speed Limiter