2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame

http://www.autoanything.com/ is the site I've been buying all my mods from so far and I'm planning on going thru them for some more stuff. So far its taken 1 to two days for everything to come in and they're price's are great. When comparing the prices of everything I've bought from them so far, they're prices have been about the same or lower then everyoe else's. Just bought some KC lights for my brush guard and they are selling them for about $100 less then what kc is selling them for.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:03 AM
swirvin21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wall of Shame: Road Armor bumpers, with 4wheel Parts being the vendor....uuggghhh

Picked up my front winch Texas Style bumper and it had the wrong mounts. Took it back, had the right mounts ordered. Tried to install a 2nd time, wrong bumper. They still don't know what it belongs on. Brought it back on the truck unmodified to show them what was wrong at 4wheel parts....said it was normal for these not to fit right. Made some minor mods, made it fit.....better. Wrote an email to Road Armor with a complaint, said I had to go through 4wheel Parts. 4wheel parts offered to take it back and put the credit towards the "correct one", but would cost me additional $600 without taking into consideration the modification time or the 3 installations. This was a year ago and no one can give me any answers...unknown bumper, no PO track, no help....

Finally got in touch with Road Armor again, will sell me a new one with free shipping, but 6-12 week wait!!! 4wheel Parts will do nothing.......

I've heard multiple vendors having difficulty with Road Armor and are switching to FabFours due to lack of customer service and extremely late delivery times.

My truck just got vandalized and needs another new bumper, but insurance will only pay for a Road Armor exact model. So here it goes again....tell everyone about in 6-12 weeks

Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM
99Ram1500sport
Veteran

wall of shame. Walmart oil change. They forgot to add oil back to the car my mom put about 100 miles on the car with out oil. made a hell of a bad noise took it to the shop and we were told there was no oil. And of course walmart denied the hole deal. Thank God the engine didnt lock up

Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 AM
bruno426
Captain

Wall of Shame.

Morlan dodge in Sikestom MO

Dont ever have them do gasket work on a vehicle. Likley the 19 yo that dont know but who do you know that uses gasket goo on a trens pan but dosent make a complete circle.They did this a day before i bought the truck. When I rebuilt the engine i replace the trans gasket to find out the put some gasket goo around the back and around the front but not in the sides. Not to mention that they did not even attempt to clean up the mating surfaces. NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!! Now that I have done it RIGHT it has not leaked for over a year

Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM
bruno426
Captain

Wall of fame

Legrands Bro's Transmissions

The guys are the bestI have ever seen bar none. They know what they are doing and they know how to do it right. The only thing i have on them is that when we gave them the jeep trans to look at and tell us what was wrong, they gave us the trans back in a million pieces and didnt even give us a box. But they put it pack together good as new. Actually better!

Also they fixed my ram for me when i broke the qdisconnect off in the case. great guys there they know what they are doing even fixed it the way i wanted it not oem my custom way. just had to explain it to them. They give a great warranty and they stand behind it!!!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

Don't know why anyone would trust WalMart to do anything more complicated than make change. The only reason they get that right most of the time is the register figures it out for them. Their battery prices used to be low enough to justify the risk, but even their batteries are too expensive, considering they're doing you a favor to take your money.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Bigschwerm
Professional

www.edecals.com great qulity vinyl graphics fast shipping

Old 08-07-2007, 02:49 AM
morrgriff
Rookie

WALL OF SHAME!!!

Goodyear Service Center in Orlando, FL - Goldenrod Road

In Orlando working with my truck and it just died. Called AAA for a towtruck and they gave several approved service places close by. Needed the truck fixed ASAP, passed by a busy Firestone to the Goodyear place. Now I know why they aren't busy!
Desk help stated $89 for testing. I said OK. Fix it. The tech did trial and error part replacement (dist. cap and rotor, then magnetic pickup in dist.) until he tried a new coil. It ran fine!

Got the bill and it was $586!!!!!!! After a heated debate, got the bill down to a measily $485!!!! Each part was charged 1 hr. of labor to put on!

Never again at Goodyear!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 12:46 AM
DodgeRAmPower
Rookie

Wall of shame:

Walmart.. tried coming home....broke three studs front right tire... had to let it sit 3 miles from my house...next morning after work..come back w/ a row back and my right rear tire was sliced two inches down the sidewall..took pictures...no proof of either thing...wasn't expensive to fix the front studs...pain in the *** though. had to get a used tire till i could get my new tires and rims i have on my truck now.

Wall of Fame:

Autoanything.com, great service and items and the best prices around. (Free Shipping on 99% of the items)
Topguncustomz.com, also great service, parts, and prices .
Mean-green.com, customer service was ok, till i talked to one of the owners, about my new HO alternator order (they messed up)
the owner fixed it immediately and it shipped same day...was here within1 businessday.
Knukonceptz.com best site for anything car audio and very good prices+ customer service & fastshipping.
Xpress lube (texaco i believe) awesome service in my area, well knowledgable, will be going there instead of walmart for oil
changes (they give an awesome full service, for $29.95).
Circuit City in my area, has a bunch of awesome car audio installers, great service + knowledge, will be a longtime customer .

Old 08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

SHAME!
On ebay, very poor service. I think they sent me some wrong parts in my dual system
and they made it out like I either didn't know what I was doing or I was lying. Even my
muffler guy said something was wrong.
Paypal gave me the option to send it back for a refund. Did that today 8-15-07 1:09:48 pm

madhattergurl
I called the shop and I couldn't talk to the 'ebay dept' as they call it.
I sent 5-6 emails got one reply, 2 sentences.
Very quick and short replies during paypal claim

Quick Reply: Wall of Fame/Wall of Shame