3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Wth is wrong with people on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
norma jean
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I have half a mind to report him to ebay for price gouging.
i second the half notion

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and i half the second notion.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

Originally Posted by slicktrick
wonder how much business he's gonna lose due to this brilliant ad plan o' his?

yeah, theres a sucker born every minute, but they got to realize not many folks are gonna pay the same for one of those as they would one of the "real deal" mopar jobs.

probably simpler ( & safer too,imo) just to back order them or put a note on the site like "currently unavailable"
eBay terms of service say you can't list items that are not in stock. so if you jack the price to ridiculous, nobody will buy(you hope), and therefore no complaint is filed with eBay for non receipt of item. A few of those complaints and eBay will shut you down. I filed a couple of complaints myself against some of those jerks who had led third brake lights listed but not in stock. I didn't bother with the guys who refunded me the next day cause they didn't really waste my time. But, those guys who take a week or more to refund you and still don't remove the listing? I don't know what they tell Paypal, but I got 30 day "pending refund"(s) that show in your account, but you can't touch for 30 days. You're darn tootin I went after them with complaints.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:59 PM
slicktrick
Professional

i didnt know about that ebay rule. guess somebodys always trying to beat the system.

i guess theyre probably too scared ( or lazy?) to just take the listing down until they have more.

Quick Reply: Wth is wrong with people on ebay