3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

clear tail lenses

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:36 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default clear tail lenses

just received my new truckin mag. and there is an article for our tail lamps. go to

www.inprocarwear.com and look under the dodge gallery. at the bottom is a 05/06 dakota with a newly designed tail light looks kinda cool. i am still digging to find a price and which dealer has them

Old 04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: clear tail lenses

here is a pic of them

[IMG]local://upfiles/31284/3CC09BCDDCDA4B24B0CB0935C2AC468D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting, I like them, and I don't. I'd black those out for sure though!!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 04:40 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Frenchy they look great and I like them...but its just not what I'm lookin for, for my truck.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

They don't look like they're LEDs. Maybe if they were I'd like it better, but, as it stands now, it's not my favorite.

I definitely don't think they'd look right on my truck.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

definately dont go with my truck, but im sure they would look better on a silver truck. im in the library, maybe later when i get home i will change that red truck into a silver one for u guys

Old 04-11-2007, 08:29 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Are those clear lenses legal? Your taillights are supposed to be red as a warning to drivers behind you. Clear is for your back up lights. Bad idea. Just my opinion.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Frenchy
Banned

ORIGINAL: luvmydak

Are those clear lenses legal? Your taillights are supposed to be red as a warning to drivers behind you. Clear is for your back up lights. Bad idea. Just my opinion.
Uhmm, look in the middle of the circular thing. It's red. Which is where the lights are located. So therefore, red light behind you, which equals legal.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Uhmm, look in the middle of the circular thing. It's red. Which is where the lights are located. So therefore, red light behind you, which equals legal.

Some states do have extra regs on these over top of DOTs. There has to be a minimum amount of red light (and a required red rear reflector of minimum size) coming off of it when lit for taillight and another minimum for brake light.

Some of those clear taillights dont meet DOT specs and some of the shadier companies put DOT on thm even though they were never testes. Hell even technically HID kits are illegal unless they were either OEM or an OEM option.

Seriously, headlights and taillights should NEVER be considered "appearance mods" and should be left alone.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Seriously, headlights and taillights should NEVER be considered "appearance mods" and should be left alone.
I disagree with that, headlights and taillights affect the appearance of a vehicle. As long as your headlights are bright enough to see with and aren't aimed so high they're blinding people, I see no problem there. And as long as people can see your brake lights there should be no problems there either. Now whether or not the state agrees can depend on state to state but I see no reason not to modify something I wish to change on my vehicle unless it actually would be unsafe, which in a lot of the aftermarket lights is simply not the case. Can't say they're all bad based on just a few.

Quick Reply: clear tail lenses