3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Get better gas mileage on your truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get better gas mileage on your truck

My flight was cancelled yesterday so today I have been sitting here reading about Acetone in gasoline and how it is supposed to increase your MPG by upwards of 35%. Only reason I am doing this is because I am bored and I bought my new Raider . Has anyone ever tried this? When I get back I am going to post results here after I try it on my bike (since I have a spare fuel system in case of anything.).

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/524517...as_mileage_2x/

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new...00069_Acetone/

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm

http://www.xtane.com/

http://www.kettering.edu/news/archiv...p?storynum=406<----a good one

Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Get better gas mileage on your truck

The whole acetone in gasoline stuff is a
"Thought Virus"
that has spread every bit as effectively as
some of the computer viruses and worms.

I am certain there are a few guys laughing about what they started
just as there are hackers who laugh about their successful worms.

Are there additives that can be blended into gasoline in tiny amounts that can improve fuel economy by 10-15% ?

Yes.

The most famous one is called
'tetra ethyl lead'
was patented by the US Company Ethyl and sold in great quanities inside the USA from 1931-1981, and is still added to gasoline abroad, particularly in Africa. You can still buy TEL as a private citizen for racing or airplane use. TEL addition can get gasoline up to around 115 octane. Every patriotic Amercian ought to read the story of Col Jimmy Dolittle and the raid on Tokyo. A key item in that story is Dolittle's knowledge of racing gasoline blends and how he modified the Mitchell Bomber's engines to 14 to 1 compression ratio and fed them 130 octane gasoline heavily laced with tetra-ethyl-lead and the additional chemical 'Triptane' which is a chemical cousin of the more well known Octane.

You can improve the fuel economy of both gasoline and diesel fuel by adding tiny amounts of Cerium and Lanthanum compounds (aka 'rare earth metals').
These are the same chemicals used on the 'mantles' of Coleman kerosene lanterns and in the falsely named 'flints' of cigarette lighters.

You can improve the fuel economy and octane of gasoline by adding Toulene.
When Formula One racing had a rule about maximum fuel capacity a lot of research was done on this. There is a famous Honda paper published in the SAE Journal about their use of toulene and turbo charging.

But the 'Acetone in Gasoline'
threads you read on the internet are
'Trolling for Suckers'
my advice is....don't be one.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

Thanks Hank I guess I wont waste my money then.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
viper359
Professional

Don't waste your money. I am not talking about buying the acetone. I mechanic friend of mine who is much more informed about engines than I, stated if you did something like that, and put a little too much, bye bye engine.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i heard of a product, if your engine is old, has been abused, and may have build up inside, there is a product called seasalt.....idk specifics on it, just know its supposed to help restore your engine and help gain lost power and efficiency....heard of it on f-body sites

Old 04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Casper50
Veteran

lol!! I think you are talking about the Sea Foam deep creep carbon cleaner! Another thing that you can do to an engine that is old and has a lot of carbon on the top half is to just pull a vacuum hose while it's running and suck up some water from a cup with it. Does the same thing as the Sea Foam but is free. You'll see the same nasty stuff come out the tailpipe like you would with the Sea Foam and no, it won't hurt your engine.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

sea foam, thats it, idk y i thought it was sea salt, thanks

Quick Reply: Get better gas mileage on your truck