3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Level kit install woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
RonnusTwo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Level kit install woes

Replying to an old message here -

My truck is in the shop as I write this. They are attempting to install the TM leveling kit for me, but like everyone else, cannot get that freakin nut off the strut. They said it's been soaking in penetrating stuff for the past hour, and hit it with a hammer a few times too. They just cant get it off and do not want to go any further. Great.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone reading this thread ever install the TM newer kit on a TRX4?

Old 02-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RonnusTwo

Replying to an old message here -

My truck is in the shop as I write this. They are attempting to install the TM leveling kit for me, but like everyone else, cannot get that freakin nut off the strut. They said it's been soaking in penetrating stuff for the past hour, and hit it with a hammer a few times too. They just cant get it off and do not want to go any further. Great.

There's a good chance your strut is crossthreaded from the factory like mine was. My solution was to have my dealer install the kit, they broke both the struts removing them and replaced them under warranty. Since the warranty was then able to cover most of the labor it ended up being a good bit cheaper than what they originally quoted me.

Quick Reply: Level kit install woes