3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

homade power wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: homade power wire

I honestly after thinking about it dont see how this would work.....this is the same thing that the people sell on ebay claiming 35+ horsepower selling them for 10 bux. In theory it works....but so does the flux capacitor. i really dunno

Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the same exact thing that AIR_RAM on DT sells, but just doesn't look as pretty.... and there are HUNDREDS of people at DT that swear by this mod, and I have to say, I'm liking mine the more I drive it....

Old 07-02-2007, 05:10 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

me too, ive been loading it up with 93 and it loves it. been raining alot down here the past 2 days so been having to take it easy

Old 07-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you think the premium makes a real difference in it, Jamey?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I like it, I think it helps with the advanced timing, probably not needed but I like to run it to cut down on detonation. just an old habit with the turbo bird

Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 AM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

Where is the link from the orginal thread. Im still confused on what and were its being hooked up too....

Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

So it a 4.7K ohm...poop i got a 47 ohm guess i have to go back to radioshack.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:08 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

I am still skeptical about this power wire. I see where it might be good in the summer time when its hot and the computer thinking the intake air is cooler than it is but what about in the winter. Here in the philly pa area it can get pretty cold. Will this setup still work when its 30 degrees or colder?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

These IAT "piggybacks" all work to do the same thing. Depending on the ohm resistor you get, it tricks the computer into thinking the outside temperature is a certain degree, in most cases colder than the actual temp. The reason for this is simple. When your vehicle's computer thinks it is 32 degrees (in most cases)or colder it will continuosly run in "warm-up" mode. Your timing is advanced and more fuel is added to compensate for the timing. Do you get more HP? Sometimes, and when you do it is a very subtle amount. This mod will however, lead to carbon deposits showing earlier and plugs fouling out prematurely. Think of it this way, you are basicly turning on a choke for multi port fuel injected vehicles. (Not exactly a choke, but the basics are the same) So what it comes down to is the shortened life-span (how shortened depends on every vehicle application)of regularly replaced parts worth a couple of HP? When you answer that question, then you will have the answer to whether or not you want to do this mod.Please don't think I am trying to burst anyone's bubble here when I say this, I just wanted to clear a couple of things up. Furthermore, using a higher octane would most likely do absolutely nothing for performance. The whole purpose of using a higher octane is for motors that use a higher compression. (Higher octane fuels ignite, without spark, at a higher psi then lower octane fuels) I wouldn't be surprised to hear pinging using a high octane fuel with this mod.

Side not: Always use the fuel that your car manufacturer recommends. If you car produced more power and got better fuel economy on a higher octane fuel, don't you think they would tell you that?!?

Quick Reply: homade power wire