3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

homade power wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: homade power wire

ok ill do it thanks

Old 07-04-2007, 03:19 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

I wouldn't do the power wire thing. I don't think its worth it. Believe me I have been looking for all kinds of ways to get more power and better gas mileage but lets face it the 4.7L and the 3.7L engines are designed to give a certain amount of performance so you can add all the stuff you want and still not see results to your satisfaction. So far I am happy with what I've done the electric fan has been the best mod and the gibson exhaust and airaid intake all perform to my satisfaction. I plan on doing the throttle body next and a set of headers and that will be it for engine mods. I feel these mods are the best bang for the buck and will give better results than all these performance chips and power wire things and I can run 87 octane gas. I would put my truck up against any mustang, F150, tundra, taco, titan, or whatever and my truck would be able to hold its own without any power wire or chips.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

you think with wht you have would allow you to keep up with a mustang???

Old 07-04-2007, 03:43 PM
shortbushemi

if its a 96 gt, easily. they're slow as hell and heavy.. my 98 gt ran a 15.1 best at the track, and stock it has 10 more hp from the factory, not to mention it had long tube headers, 3.73 gears, and taylor 8.2mm thundervolt spark plug wires. soo i would say 15.6-15.7 for a stock 96-98 gt... my ram is faster than my 98 gt... and my ram is stock....

Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, I'd doubt it as well, unless it's a 6cyl auto Stang....

Lets think here, with those mods you MAY be pushing 270hp at the crank.... a stock 2006 4.6L Mustang has like 320hp and 320tq at the crank.. hrmmm, what's more? And also, what's lighter??? And what'd be faster?

The Mustang...

Sorry.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, you said "any mustang"

So that'd mean you could take on the new Saleen Mustang? 435hp supercharged v8...

Doubtful...

Old 07-04-2007, 04:50 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

Hey I never said I would win the race but I would get a hell of a start though. With the mods I have so far the truck launches very good. I'll put my truck up against that 435hp mustang. As long as the race is is only 30 feet or so after that I know I'd get blown away. Thats what would make it fun stepping up to a challenge even though you have no chance of winning. My first car was a 1982 chrysler e class car with a crappy4 cylinder. I raced a dodge stealth one day. Got blown away but it was still fun anyway.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

I could no problem ill pick the track.....off road
ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Also, you said "any mustang"

So that'd mean you could take on the new Saleen Mustang? 435hp supercharged v8...

Doubtful...

Old 07-04-2007, 07:44 PM
fbnzippy
Rookie

Pro4x4, What do you mean by this?
Believe me I have been looking for all kinds of ways to get more power and better gas mileage but lets face it the 4.7L and the 3.7L engines are designed to give a certain amount of performance so you can add all the stuff you want and still not see results to your satisfaction
Are you trying to tell us that no matter what you do, you will not increase the output of these engines???
Do you honestly think the factory has not left room for improvement?? They allways tune on the side of caution. Allways, even in high HP cars. There is allways room for improvement. And why do you think the Power wire is not worth it?? cause it only costs a few cents at RadioShack, not Hundreds of dollars from a company with a flashy logo???? And Yes, an intake and exhause will make more power than a power wire, BUT, the power wire will also make more power WITH those other mods.

Another thing no one has meantioned here, and I am not 100% on this but here's my thought's. the Daks are Speed density, which basically the computerknows how much air it sucks in per Revolution at a certian throttle angle. Now, add a CAI, you are freeing up the intake restriction. Now, with the more air coming in at the same throttle angle, I am willing to bet the Speed density system is not knowing the full amount of this new intake charge. It will know there is some more charge because the MAP sensor will read a little less vacuum. Butby adding the power wire, you would be compensating for the more air, by telling the computer it is denser.

Quick Reply: homade power wire