3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

so im single again...8 months later..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 AM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so im single again...8 months later..

just broke up with my gf of 8 months almost. yeah...it was pretty much a mutual thing. we weren't going anywhere in the relationship and everyone we knew was telling us we should break it off, so, after a couple days, i got the guts to initiate it. Good thing is we've agreed that we're going to stay friends, because, well we're both Christians, and i'm not saying no one else does this but we're not called to like break up a relationship then hate, so by our faith we've decided it'd be best to stay friends! so...yeah...wow....im single....that's a funny thought to have after 8 months....lol

Old 07-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Cuban11182
All Star
Default RE: so im single again...8 months later..

Jim dont worry be happyalways remember "women are the debol". If you werent a Christian I'd tell you to go to you local watering hole and find you a "Miss right now" dont worry about MIss RIGHT

Old 07-01-2007, 04:22 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

hahahaha....seriously huh? I hate to say it, but there was a quote on The Office I agreed with....and I have heard it before but I remember hearing it on The Office...Bros before Hos...of course the girl i was with wasn't a ho, but u get the gist lol!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 AM
flyboy1304
Veteran

sorry to hear that jimbo... theres plenty of other fish in the sea.... just keep trollin.... and reel somethin beter in...

Old 07-02-2007, 01:04 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Sorry :-(

Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

hahahha, yeah, lets just say cali girls....uhm...they're great scenery, but the ground is laid with thorns....lol....meaning, a good majority of cali girls have got this horrible bratty attitude that just makes you want to staple their mouth shut.yyyeah lol....I know i did the right thing. It was funny the sermon at church today was titled "Sometimes Loving is Letting Go" and it was a similar scenario to the situation...so that made me feel better.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Kerrbear219
Professional

It's great that you both have such a strong faith to be able to stay friends (my first love and I were like this and thankfully still are). Good luck in the single life.....enjoy the solitude for awhile before jumping into anything.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Sorry it didn't work out with the gf but hopefully you will meet Miss Right eventually. Don't rush into anything. I didn't and the wife and I just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary. Kerrbear said it right, strong faith.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Kerrbear219

It's great that you both have such a strong faith to be able to stay friends (my first love and I were like this and thankfully still are). Good luck in the single life.....enjoy the solitude for awhile before jumping into anything.
I just can't imagine staying friends with anyone after a breakup... I mean especially someone I've been with and Loved... I mean you share alot and then... its all gone...theres no connection and although you may be like friends in ways... there's so much more "baggage" there besides friendship which would just make things awkward after a breakup... atleast for me... I know I would never want a new girlfriend to feel like I still have feelings for an old gf because we are still friends... I also know that I would never want to have a relationship with a girl that is friends...especially close friends with anyone they've ever been more with... it would just make things awkward, complicated... and frankly I don't think I would be very trusting of the two around each other... but thats just all my $0.02...

Again Sorry Jimbo... I know it must be hard... whether you know you did the right thing or not its still gotta be hard...

Quick Reply: so im single again...8 months later..