3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Truck Rim Viewer

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:12 PM
blackdak06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Rim Viewer

I thought this was pretty cool, i just found it, it allows you to try out different rims on a virtual dakota so you can see what they look like before you buy them, well, get an idea at least, they have a bunch of manufacturers, its cool...

http://virtualwheels.lesschwab.com/v...elsonline.html

I kinda like the Titan 6 or the Goliath, think they would look good on my black dakota, I think they're made by Ultra. They migh be a bit pricey for now though.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 AM
texasbluedak
Default RE: Truck Rim Viewer

Cool site. Can't afford wheels right now, but haven't seen a site like that. I like the look of the Goliath, it would look good on your truck, just enough chrome to highlight the black!!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

Goliath

Old 08-03-2007, 08:21 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Who’s Grill is that? This is the second time I saw this grill and I want it. I might just sell the Billet sections I haven’t installed yet.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 AM
blackdak06
Professional

I'm guessing your talking about my grill, since its one of two trucks up here in the post right now i have a 50% chance of being right.

Anyway, my grill is a Mr. Grille Diagonal Bar Grill. The grill is made well, but there are a few things you should know. First, Mr. Grille is not so easy to deal with. If you email them they won't respond. You have to call them and I would suggest staying on top of them. My grill was supposed to take 3-4 weeks and took over 2 months. Also, everytime I called I would get a person, but twice I was told they would call me back and they never did either time. My grill was shipped in a box, but not padded so well so two sections of the grill are slightly loose, but won't break, their just not fitted as tightly as they should be, you will understand when you see how the grill is made, its a two piece grill. Also, on my grill one of the bars moved out of place before they finished the grill and sent it out to me, so I don't like that they sent me a product that was not perfect, I think that's a little sloppy. The last thing you need to get over is that the grill is attached with zip ties, I know, it was really hard for me to understand this too, but when you think about it the grill isn't that heavy and this does work. Now for the bad news: You will NOT be able to open your hood by sticking your fingers through the grill to unlock it, you will need to either stick a screwdriver in and open it or install an electric hood latch opener. The second problem, is your truck will run hotter because less air gets in. My truck used to run to about 1/3 below the halfway mark on the engine temp guage, not it runs almost right to the half way point. Other than that, the grill looks awesome, i think, and i've gotten a lot of compliments on it. You can't order this grill on their website you must call them up and special order it.

http://mrgrille.com/MrGrille-Dodge-D...05-C-Page.html

Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: graythang

Who’s Grill is that? This is the second time I saw this grill and I want it. I might just sell the Billet sections I haven’t installed yet.
Let me know if you end up selling those, depending which ones they are I'd probably buy them

Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

+1 Goliath

Old 08-04-2007, 07:51 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

They are the Carriage works ones (the good original billet ones) heavy alum polished. This is a pic on one of the four sections.
The Mr. Grill is the one I'm talking about. But dam, what a hassle. Not so professional sounding. I'm surprised that the heat up is there being they are a Florida CO they should know about running hot and how a grill may affect this. I'm giving it some thought now that I read your post. On their Web site they don't show your grill, how did you even know that it existed by them? They seem a bit of a MA/PA opp. Is the grill polished alum? And is it made to last? Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/40810/9EEFF181BB5B4D20BD3E151950BBFF58.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: graythang

They are the Carriage works ones (the good original billet ones) heavy alum polished. This is a pic on one of the four sections.
The Mr. Grill is the one I'm talking about. But dam, what a hassle. Not so professional sounding. I'm surprised that the heat up is there being they are a Florida CO they should know about running hot and how a grill may affect this. I'm giving it some thought now that I read your post. On their Web site they don't show your grill, how did you even know that it existed by them? They seem a bit of a MA/PA opp. Is the grill polished alum? And is it made to last? Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/40810/9EEFF181BB5B4D20BD3E151950BBFF58.jpg[/IMG]
That grill was originally custom made for a show truck that someone found on Cardomain and posted pics of here. That's why it's not on the site. As for the other stuff I have no idea

Old 08-04-2007, 01:01 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

Goliath....and for the grill, it makes your truck run hotter? That SUCKS. If it was a show truck that never got driven, I could understand, but I wouldn't do that to my truck; I try to keep it as cool as possible, rather not sacrifice airflow for design IMHO...

Quick Reply: Truck Rim Viewer