3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Luke979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player

Hello,
I've been reading for a while, but have yet to post. I have a 2005 Dakota, 4.7 extended cab.
Has anyone had any issues with their cd players? It has the single disc player, and it will not eject a cd. I don't use the cd player that much and this is the first time it has happened. When I push the eject button it makes a little noise but that's it. The cd will play some, but the mode button to turn on the cd player doesn't always seem to work either. It had worked fine up until this point.I was going to poke around in the cd deck but you can't really see in there and I don't know what all is in there. Anyone know any simple fixes? I don't really want to take the radio out or take it in to the dealer again, but that may be the only option. Thanks for your help.

Luke

Old 02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Luke979
Default RE: CD Player

Thanks for the reply. I will probably be trying that tomorrow when this happens again. I just pushed the eject button again, and for whatever reason the cd came out. I really doubt this will be the last time it happens though. Guess I'll just have to be careful with which cd's I put in there.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
king beer

ORIGINAL: Luke979

Has anyone had any issues with their cd players?
Yes.My single disc cd player will cut out the sound on the right side for an instantand then come back to normal volume (about 17-20ish) from both sides. It's almost as if someone is muting it and un-muting it almost simultaneously. Very annoying. Bought the truckbrand new and it's done it since day 1.. I should get that looked at beerfore my warranty runs out...

Old 03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
lowcountrykid
Professional

i have the 6 disc changer and i had problems with it cuz it wouldnt even take the cd's and i took it back and the dealership took it back and they changed it out ..

Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
LB
Veteran

My changer went out last month, and dodge replaced it. They said the factory will extract the cd's and mail them to me.
It was strange because I came home one night and all was well. the next morning the truck would not start due to run down battery. I charged it, started it and let it run for a while. Later I had to get something out of it and noticed the changer was constantly switching between cd's, no key in the ignigion or anything. then it quit and it did'nt even reconize a cd function! Anyway I hope I ger my kid Rock CD's back soon!

LB

Old 01-19-2015, 09:05 PM
sawfish
Professional

Originally Posted by ericemery
Well, you can "reset" the cd player by pulling the fuse, turning the truck on and waiting 20 seconds...

Turn it off and put the fuse back in. That is a reset that sets it back to factory specs. Try that first. if not, the off to the dealer I guess.
Is this an under dash fuse, or is it in the fuse block under the hood? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:54 PM
isolated1523

Worst case scenario, I've got a stock one that I just pulled out of my truck that'll I'll let go for cheap.

-Adam

Old 01-20-2015, 12:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by sawfish
Is this an under dash fuse, or is it in the fuse block under the hood? Thanks.
That post was from 7 years ago.....check both places and see where it is.

Quick Reply: CD Player