3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Does anyone....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, muddy sounds are my thing either. That's why I like kicker with a bose surround...whoo...i miss my maxima sometimes

Old 09-01-2008, 01:14 PM
RealityCheck
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
know anything about the stock option sub setup? I was interested on info about it, like can you still buy it (I havent called the dealer yet), or can you hook up an after market sub to the factory amp. Any info is good. I am looking at keeping the stock setup, I just was thinking about boosting the bass a tad. I am not looking at changing out the stock headunit yet.
My truck has the OEM subwoofer option - it's called the Soundbox option. The entire unit plugs into a connector under the center console and is pretty easy to remove. In fact, I took mine out when I first purchased my truck because I needed the additional room behind the seats. I recently reinstalled it because room wasn't as critical anymore. The box itself contains the subwoofer, amplifier, and 2 tweeters (plus it glows blue - you can even flip a switch and the blue light will pulsate with the bass). It is a pretty simple bolt-in/plug-in setup.

Here's the description from the Dakota brochure:
Sound Box Group — 508 total amplified watts of power; 9 total speakers, including a 10" subwoofer and 2 tweeters inclosed in a translucent stylized box. Includes 750-amp battery (available only on Club Cab models with Slate Gray bucket seats)

I would consider selling mine if you're interested. According to Google maps, you're about 80 miles away, so you could even drive down and listen to it first.

Last edited by RealityCheck; 09-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityCheck
My truck has the OEM subwoofer option - it's called the Soundbox option. The entire unit plugs into a connector under the center console and is pretty easy to remove. In fact, I took mine out when I first purchased my truck because I needed the additional room behind the seats. I recently reinstalled it because room wasn't as critical anymore. The box itself contains the subwoofer, amplifier, and 2 tweeters (plus it glows blue - you can even flip a switch and the blue light will pulsate with the bass). It is a pretty simple bolt-in/plug-in setup.

Here's the description from the Dakota brochure:
Sound Box Group — 508 total amplified watts of power; 9 total speakers, including a 10" subwoofer and 2 tweeters inclosed in a translucent stylized box. Includes 750-amp battery (available only on Club Cab models with Slate Gray bucket seats)

I would consider selling mine if you're interested. According to Google maps, you're about 80 miles away, so you could even drive down and listen to it first.

hmmmm, sounds good Shoot me a pm on what you are looking for on it, I am somewhat interested

Quick Reply: Does anyone....