3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Getting nitrous installed by the middle of Dec

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Getting nitrous installed by the middle of Dec

I called up Gambardellas Speed Shop in Williamstown...said that 50 shot should be no problem and be fine for the engine till i get some pistons if i wanna crank it up....but ill prob keep it at 50...

it was between the hood from moores or this and they're around the same price....idk we'll see what happens

Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
snipingdude
All Star

Originally Posted by ericemery
let us know how it goes...

are they doing anything for more fuel? or is it a zex kit?
Yeah Eric more likely than not it will be a ZEX kit...its pretty much the main brand of N2O they put in....gonna have it so it only comes on at full throttle when its activated...dry shot

Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dry shot is the worst. get the same kit i have. zex wet kit. works off the tps, dont be fooled. the wet is better then the dry.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
snipingdude
All Star

Originally Posted by superdak05
dry shot is the worst. get the same kit i have. zex wet kit. works off the tps, dont be fooled. the wet is better then the dry.
Thanks man...will deff inquire about it all....ill keep u guys posted of any changes!! thanks!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:34 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

also, you will need a purge valve. depending on where you mount the bottle, you will need a bottle opener. if it is mounted in the cab, you will need to vent it out. then you will need the vent kit. its just not nitrous. it is everything else that is involved with it. mine whole kit was just over 600 for everything. not including install and dyno pulls. that was another 400. do it right the first time.dont nickle and dime it. go back to old posts where my kit was installed and look at the pics.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice, like everyone else said kerp us updated on the news. Ill be adding a NX kit to mine very soon. Starting out with a 50shot and going to work myself up to a 100shot.

Cant wait, im going to get everything i can before i install it, heater, purge, gauges, lines, plates, mounts ect... Im going to have it on WOT also when engaged. They have a nice little gauge out for it that has a switch for everything, heater, arm, purge, ect.. im thinking about getting that and swapping one of my gauges in my piller for it, and having 2 more gauges added at the bottom for pressure and wb a/f.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 AM
snipingdude
All Star

Originally Posted by superdak05
also, you will need a purge valve. depending on where you mount the bottle, you will need a bottle opener. if it is mounted in the cab, you will need to vent it out. then you will need the vent kit. its just not nitrous. it is everything else that is involved with it. mine whole kit was just over 600 for everything. not including install and dyno pulls. that was another 400. do it right the first time.dont nickle and dime it. go back to old posts where my kit was installed and look at the pics.
Yeah Im getting a full kit with everything...When I called I talked to the owner and including the kit "and" the install would be about $650 to $700...only thing I might not do immedietly after is the dyno pull....thankjs again though...and I have been looking at your other threads picking them out from back then lol....

Originally Posted by User2006
Nice, like everyone else said kerp us updated on the news. Ill be adding a NX kit to mine very soon. Starting out with a 50shot and going to work myself up to a 100shot.

Cant wait, im going to get everything i can before i install it, heater, purge, gauges, lines, plates, mounts ect... Im going to have it on WOT also when engaged. They have a nice little gauge out for it that has a switch for everything, heater, arm, purge, ect.. im thinking about getting that and swapping one of my gauges in my piller for it, and having 2 more gauges added at the bottom for pressure and wb a/f.

Haha yeah man will do...isnt your truck like awesome already!?? lol Hey cant hurt with about 50 shot huh? Keep us updated on your news too man!!! BTW, do you have a picture of your pillar with the gauges????

Old 11-22-2008, 10:42 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it do it!!!! get that little autobot some juice already!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:02 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snipingdude
Yeah Im getting a full kit with everything...When I called I talked to the owner and including the kit "and" the install would be about $650 to $700...only thing I might not do immedietly after is the dyno pull....thankjs again though...and I have been looking at your other threads picking them out from back then lol....

Haha yeah man will do...isnt your truck like awesome already!?? lol Hey cant hurt with about 50 shot huh? Keep us updated on your news too man!!! BTW, do you have a picture of your pillar with the gauges????
ya check my gallery (click my sig) i shouyld have a pic in there. If not check my myspace.

myspace.com/chr1s1337

Quick Reply: Getting nitrous installed by the middle of Dec