3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Colorado pickup for 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GVWR is 5000 if thats what you were thinking.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either way, I don't really have anything against GM (used to own a Z71 fullsize) but you wouldn't catch me dead driving a Colorado...

Old 04-22-2009, 11:32 PM
baracis
Record Breaker

If the SS comes with 395 HP and being so light, won't it pass the SRT-10 for worlds fastest production truck? It should be a few tenths faster than the SRT-10 in the quarter mile. Watcha think?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Racinartist
All Star

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
wow my bad to racinartist last time i checked the chevy site the numbers were at 5k for the v8 extended..... w/e it really doesnt matter....
Thanks man. I thought I was about to have to go 'Jersey' on somebody. lol

It's wayyyy too early in the morning for that, and my brain is still swimming from a concert we went to last night.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Concert? Which one the Disturbed/Killswitch? Cause if so I kinda envy you even though I was a the Static X/Burn Halo one in Allentown lastnight

Old 04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Racinartist
All Star

Yea man. The music as a weapon tour. Sick!

Even though Disturbed is a little tame for my tastes lately, I didn't mind seeing them for like the 6th time. They usually tour with kickass bands though and I HAD to see Killswitch and Chimaira so it is what it is. Lacuna Coil actually rocked out too. Kinda crazy how a voice like that comes out of these tiny chicks.

Edit: By the way, speaking of these chick lead singer's voices, I was supposed to go with some friends to see I Wrestled a Bear Once at Croc Rock 2 weeks ago but I got caught on a job and couldn't go. She's tiny but has the siiiiiiickest voice and does some insane screaming breakdowns. Hard to believe.

Last edited by Racinartist; 04-23-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
cramerica
Record Breaker

I haven't heard anything about a 395 HP Colorado. Just the 300 HP 5.3L. The 395 HP SS is a Silverado package if I recall.

The SRT-10 with the Tremec manual will put down a much higher percentage of its power than the 700R4 er..."4L60E". Even if the Ram had terrible transmission efficiency, 80%, it would be putting to the wheels what the SS puts out at the crank. I don't see a 300 HP Colorado or 400 HP SS Silverado beating an SRT-10 anywhere.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

I know we are kinda of topic but whatever....

Originally Posted by Racinartist
Yea man. The music as a weapon tour. Sick!

Even though Disturbed is a little tame for my tastes lately, I didn't mind seeing them for like the 6th time. They usually tour with kickass bands though and I HAD to see Killswitch and Chimaira so it is what it is. Lacuna Coil actually rocked out too. Kinda crazy how a voice like that comes out of these tiny chicks.

Edit: By the way, speaking of these chick lead singer's voices, I was supposed to go with some friends to see I Wrestled a Bear Once at Croc Rock 2 weeks ago but I got caught on a job and couldn't go. She's tiny but has the siiiiiiickest voice and does some insane screaming breakdowns. Hard to believe.
Awesome! There was a 3rd Band with the Static X and them, called "The Flood" They were weird, kinda severe death metal. I wasnt impressed as well as others. The lead singer was a turd!

I am a Lacuna fan. Speaking of women lead singer bands.. Check out Halestorm, they are a local band out of Red Lion, Pa that has made it big! They have hit Sirius now, toured with some bigger bands like Seether and what not. They'll be at Rock on The Range this year, also. I have seen em locally a few times and she can sing for being a 22 yr old. ONe song thats not bad is "I Get Off"

Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Racinartist
All Star

Just checked out a vid of them on youtube from Starland. They don't suck, but again, not hard enough for my taste.

Other than my CDs and MP3s I have Liquid Metal on all the time. Octane just doesn't cut it for me. Even though they'll spin some stuff like Slipknot, Pantera, and like that, I just can't do the Nickleback-ish sound of most of that music.

My playlist looks like this: Lamb of God, Chimaira, Slipknot, Testament, Dimmu Borgir, Trivium, Ankla (kicka$$ latin metal band), Mudvayne, Pantera, Napalm Death...even some Cradle of Filth, Six Feet Under, Dethklok, and like that.

Been getting into a lot of thrash and grind core lately. Not so much black and death metal, but I've been known to check that out too from time to time.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Yeah I am an Octane fan. They play a song or too of Lamb of God once in awhile. I like the lighter hard rock, not so much the pop star crap, but you know

Quick Reply: Colorado pickup for 2009