3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Cortex 3950 superchips programmer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
scottscan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cortex 3950 superchips programmer

hey every one,long time no post . anyway ordered the cortex 3950 for my 2005 dakota on 12-10 ,from superchips and got it on 12-15 . when i got it , went to the truck and down loaded the 87 octane tune out of the box (wow) . with this tune i could really tell it made a differance. next day i tried the tow tune and man this is nice. it holds the gears out like it should. changed the shift up to 6,100 rpm and to my surprize it pulled hard all the way ( just with a k&n intake,fastman throttle body,and a powerwire ) going to try the 91 octane tune as soon as i run this tank out and fill up with some BP 93 octane , can't wait.

the only problem i had when trying to update it to download the data logging my computer would say " checking device status " and then the programmer would say " usb port time out " after a minute or so . that is far as i could get . the good thing is , called up superchips , talked to Rich in tech support he stayed on the phone until he had me going !!! after the update , went to the truck , reloaded the tow tune and then started it up . went to the data log option and to my amazment it will monitor 4 of your engine perimeters at a time of your choice. stuff like intake temp , coolant temp , timing advance , throttle position , engine load , rpm , basicaly all the stuff the pcm has a sensor for . and the cortex come with a 30 day money back if you don't like it and the 2 year drivetrain warrenty. i really like mine so far , got to get some 0-60 times and some 1/4 mile times ... hope this helps anyone on the fence about getting one .

Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice man...

Why the Cortex and not the Flashpaq?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 PM
scottscan
Professional

30 day money back , 2 year warrenty, and i really liked the black and silver case. and does the flashpak monitor engine perimeters ? and also it is future updateable to use on other cars or trucks ( one at a time ) if i get something new other than dodge . "i think"

Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
SilverGhost1
All Star

Scott, it sounds like a great tool. I think, when the time is right of course, I will get the Cortex as well.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cortex will only work on one vehicle at a time, and the 3950 will ONLY work on DODGE vehicles...

What did you get for a 0 - 60 so far?

Best I've gotten was a 7.1 and I hit 117 mph on my way home tonight in 4th gear, if my road hadnt been coming up, or if the road didn't have a curve in it, I woulda seen how fast I COULD go...

Damn, 117 in 4th gear, and I still had 2 to go...

Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, must be nice. my p.o.s did nothing but fry the computer. truck is now at the dealership trying to find out whats wrong. flashpaq is the worst, and for an aftermarket company their support just sucks

Old 12-19-2008, 09:30 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by scottscan
30 day money back , 2 year warrenty, and i really liked the black and silver case. and does the flashpak monitor engine perimeters ? and also it is future updateable to use on other cars or trucks ( one at a time ) if i get something new other than dodge . "i think"
Hey good deal, I guess I'll be checking in on that programmer more, I have seen it, but havent heard much about it other than from Frenchy Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Frenchy
The cortex will only work on one vehicle at a time, and the 3950 will ONLY work on DODGE vehicles...

What did you get for a 0 - 60 so far?

Best I've gotten was a 7.1 and I hit 117 mph on my way home tonight in 4th gear, if my road hadnt been coming up, or if the road didn't have a curve in it, I woulda seen how fast I COULD go...

Damn, 117 in 4th gear, and I still had 2 to go...
Nice man, NICE! haha

Old 12-19-2008, 11:15 AM
LB
Veteran

Hey Scottscan, good info!
I was wondering what happened to the black beauty of yours!

Lb

Old 12-19-2008, 01:37 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by ericemery
Yeah, if you guys get the flashpaq, download the advanced data acquisition update. It will do the same thing. I like how it can monitor o2 sensors and intake temps. The voltage checks would come in handy for diagnosing problems.

I will try to make another vid to show what all it does with that update... Maybe later today.
hmmm, if thats the case, then I would go with the silver and black cause they are the shiet

Quick Reply: Cortex 3950 superchips programmer