3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

woot woot 3815 on it's way

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woot woot 3815 on it's way

Just won one on ebay last night. Got info that it is on it's way. I am hoping it is unlocked (should be). Sooo when I get it, what do I do? heh... Thinking about plugging in and making sure it is unlocked and download my stock settings. Then register on flashpaq and update the tuner for the 05 Dak (previously used on a Hemi). Once done, then I can go back to the truck and if all goes right (no custom flashes so shouldn't have the problem superdak05 is having) Change rev limit and shift points and tune.. That sound about right?

What is everyone using for their settings? Best, worst.. Thoughts?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

awesome news man....heres something that should help a little....Its Erics vid on the tuner!!!!!

http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=VNSPHGOrh0Y&feature=channel_page

btw i posted another pic of her since u wanted one so bad LOL

Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Old 01-14-2009, 10:32 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

after seeing erics video, i went back to my tuner. i noticed alot of differences. when he went and read the vechicle. it was fast, my tuner went thru this whole process of reading the file,and it went by percentage of when it was completing, storing the file same percentage of when it will be complete. writing the file. then it comes back tuner needs update. then everything ****s the bed again.i have a new tuner on its way from sc. i traded my junk flashpaq in for the cortex. lets see if this is any better

Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

I wish you better luck with the cortex. I feel bad reading all the crap your going thru. I have been given a heads up on the VD forum and the funny thing is, they were talking about you!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am on that forum too. kinda sucks being the first one with the tuner and having a horrible time with it. but sc refunded my money, paid for my rental when truck went down, and are giving me the the cortex for all the trouble i am having.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:00 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

whats the difference between the flashpaq and the cortex?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
snipingdude
All Star

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
whats the difference between the flashpaq and the cortex?
Well the cortex you can moniter a whole bunch of stuff (parameters and cool fun stuff)

but according to Eric you just need to update the flashpaq to get the options of a cortex...and think the cortex may have more available app's too not sure though...

=D....once u get yours we can race!!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:14 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by superdak05
i am on that forum too. kinda sucks being the first one with the tuner and having a horrible time with it. but sc refunded my money, paid for my rental when truck went down, and are giving me the the cortex for all the trouble i am having.
Sounds like they used you as Beta but also are attempting to make it up to you. I have a better feeling going into this with a company that has helped you out so much.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 AM
snipingdude
All Star

Originally Posted by paul05dak
Sounds like they used you as Beta but also are attempting to make it up to you. I have a better feeling going into this with a company that has helped you out so much.
I think they help out pretty well too...i called and alot of thier techs actually told me "hold on, let me pull this up for you or let me check it out"...i did get the "well just try this and it should work" one time....but other than that they were a helpful bunch of people...

these guys helped me out alot ex-7017 and ex-7066

Quick Reply: woot woot 3815 on it's way