3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
turbojunky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like that 3in setup did you got rid of the back muffler too? Did you do it your self? if not what did it cost for the work? I could do it myself but with out a lift it would be a major pain. working on your back blows.
Choke master ? never heard that one before, heard slow master though. I must be way out of the loop.

And thanks for the offer on the used parts but i think i'm gonna go with something like lghtngblt

Last edited by turbojunky; 06-29-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my Borla. There are alot of Dak guys out there that like the Maganaflow true dual cat-back.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by turbojunky
i like that 3in setup did you got rid of the back muffler too? Did you do it your self? if not what did it cost for the work? I could do it myself but with out a lift it would be a major pain. working on your back blows.
Choke master ? never heard that one before, heard slow master though. I must be way out of the loop.

And thanks for the offer on the used parts but i think i'm gonna go with something like lghtngblt
Yeah, the rear resonator, and the huge exhaust are gone... well they are up in my dads garage attic. And I didn't do the install, welding or pipe bending. A local shop that I have been going to for a few years did it. They charged me around $140 out the door which included muffler, pipe, hangers, and labor. I didnt thing this was too expensive.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

seriously though, i wouldnt get flows. the nicknames chockmaster and slowmaster exist for a reason. just givin a heads up

Old 06-30-2009, 03:08 PM
turbojunky

well what would you rec. night runner? get it don't get it ? I have a brand new 3in dynamax ultra flow sitting in my basement from when i was into the little 2.2 turbo dodges. i wonder how that would sound like with a v8 in front of it ?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I know I am not NR, but hell ya why not use it, that would save ya money, and I am sure it would sound good

Old 06-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ive never had a friend that used a dynomax muffler, but i just did a quick search and it appears your dunomax ultra flow is a "packed muffler"....i see absolutely no reason why you cant use this and be disappointed (unless it ends up sounding gay). i am pro-packed mufflers

Old 07-04-2009, 03:33 PM
turbojunky

Well before i go and eat some or alot of food i just wanted to post the actual muffler Dynomax Performance 17223. I just tried finding a video of the sound on youtube but couldn't really find any definant results.

But as a mechanic or former mechanic I thought of an idea. Tell me how it sounds. If i got an adapter for the tail pipe and hooked up the 3in muffler just for a test of sound do you think that would work or not. I mean do you think that would give me a i dea of how it would sound without all the other stuff in front of it or not? That way i won't be dissapointed if i get all that work done and i don't like it.

Thanks
BC

Old 07-04-2009, 04:46 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry to wander away. do any of you have pics of the Y pipe expansion "mod" that some of you did. i finally got my argon bottle and welder all pulled out from storage so im doing my exhaust and long travel and was hoping i could see how you guys did your y pipes.

thanks

Quick Reply: exhaust system