3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Until October...hah

Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my guess Ohio?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:31 PM
trucky
Record Breaker

Dude I'm based in Omaha... I have a house!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
trucky
Record Breaker

Thanx! I know it's far in advance but I am going to spend like all of July 2010 in Ohio. Meet and Greet!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
s2ks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ericemery
that sucks you cant get it running...

maybe its a good candidate for the clunker thing, since its motor is already hosed...
yeah, just too bad i owe 20k on it still

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Sorry to hear, thats odd it would just up and burn valves... stranger things have happened though. Good luck on getting it back together, seems like things are going downhill man...
thanks. its not so bad i guess, i know how to do the work and have the tools to do it with.

Originally Posted by mprohr
If you were in over your tires, and now your truck runs like crap, and you have a diagnosis of "burnt valves"....which is probably more like bent valves and scared valve seats, you sucked in water....in my opinion, regardless of what you see in the engine bay. I apoligize if your wife is looking over your shoulder and I've blown your story about how you didn't 4-wheel her truck to death. Good luck.
water didnt get to my filter. there would be a sign of water no matter what. there is a vacum in the engine compartment, and water will not just rush in.one seat is hurt, but nothing that bad. the way the truck went south is odd, and what is going on is odd as well.

Originally Posted by trucky
I hope by 'ran it bone dry' you didn't literally let your truck run out of gas... I'm not trying to offend your mechanic abilities but jamming the fuel filter is the quickest way to put your vehicle down for the count.
bone dry, nothing more than fumes. there would be a ton of people that would have burned up motors from running them dry.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how did you get so lucky not to have???

...seems fishy to me

Old 08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
s2ks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just because the water was up to my tires doesnt mean its going to be in the engine compartment. if you were to roll the windows down, and roll a truck into a lake, it will float for a while. there are areas that will trap air (ex. engine compartment), and will take a little while to sink.

the thing about the way it messed up is, that it cleared up for a little bit. when a valve goes bad, it ususally goes bad and thats it. we wheeled, the loaded up the trucks, drove 20 or so miles just fine, then went to crap, then cleared after i pulled the chip, drove 35+ miles home just fine at 18.x mpg, unloaded the truck, started it back up, and it went to crap again.