3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Races and Hotrodding

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:11 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenchy
WINNER!

While you may have 300 at the crank, take away 30% for safe numbers, you're looking at 210 at the wheels, and 4700 pounds... putting you at about 22 pounds per whp

Lets use the mustang for comparisons...

Now, this mustang may have 250 horsepower, and lets take away 25% for safe numbers, you're looking at 185 at the wheels. BUT the Stang MAY weigh tops 3200 pounds... which is 17 pounds per whp.

Good luck honestly telling me you beat any of these cars...

Old 01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
somebodynowhere
Professional

I'm not a third gen guy but I spanked a new Z71 yesterday in my 01 quad cab 5.9

Old 01-17-2010, 07:48 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, lets try and consider a few other factors.

Aerodynamics:

3G Dakota vs. Mustang

Launch characteristics (assuming these supposed kills weren't roll races)

Auto vs. Manual

Driver Mod:

Someone who "races" someone who isn't racing (likely cause) or gets out of it early and the "racer" pulls a fly-by

Old 01-30-2010, 02:42 AM
mopar!
Rookie

well I stomped a "z/28" camaro that if it really was a "z/28" it would have an ls1, but i doubt it was.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Racinartist
All Star

I love the looks on the faces of these punk asses around here in their Lexus SC's or G coupes when a truck keeps up with them doing light to light runs. There's one section of road here where 3 lanes merge to 2 and everyone always tries to sneak in from the right at the traffic light just before the merge. It's nothing rare to have someone try to launch on me leaving the light but, unless it's a sporty ride (WRX, EVO, STI, 350 or 370Z, CTSV, etc), I pin every one of them to the shoulder or they have to lift and blend in behind me. It's even happened against a few Mercedes and Beemers. The looks are priceless.

When I had my 05 6spd manual, I freakin' SPANKED one of my boys in his modded Ford Fucus. He thought it was kind of bad *** for his budget and he was so depressed to get beat by a truck. Haha

Haven't had the chance to run anyone in the last few weeks since I got my tuner on, but once spring hits we'll see what kind of victims I can find. I also have to do some DAQ on this thing now that it's plugged up and see just where I'm at 0-60. I know just from screwing around with my stopwatch I've clocked in right at 6 seconds flat, but there's a lot of room for error there. Around here it's really hard to get a 1/4 mile run in, not only being so urban, but there's like one cop for every 20 cars on the road. :/

Oh yea, I actually did beat and EVO once...but that was on the R6. Haha

Old 04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
98RamSST

Originally Posted by 4.7RedDragon
What engine did the old SS/T come with? I've seen them around but never really knew what they had... I'm guessing a 318 or a 360?
360 5.9 L Dodge put an exhaust which added an additional 15 more horses for the SS/T

Old 04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

there is an sst on the turnpike that thinks its bad ***, i put a very big hurting on him one night, after all was said and done. i ask him, what does sst mean, he looked me straight in the face, and said. having getting my a$$ handed to me by you. i guess it stands for , SUPER SLOW TRUCK. gotts love it when a fullsize has to compliment a midsize

Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Bugz2008
Amateur
Talking

Lets see, on my dusted list..

Dodge SRT4
08 Mustang GT
I smoke a modded 99 W6 Trans am on a daily basis
RX-8
A heavily modded and boosted civic
Too many modded fox body Mustangs than I can count

Wait.. Maybe it would be easier to list my losses.. I lost to a tubbed and supercharged 1979 Trans am, I lost to a newer Vette, I lost to a third Gen heavily modded 3rd Gen RX-7, and I lost to a Toyota Supra...

Oh wait, you meant in my 08 4.7HO Dodge truck???? Oh.. I bought it to pull stuff and haul stuff... I was talking about our Solstice, Hahn stage III turbo kit, and if I ever have an extra 21 grand to spend on an LS2 V8 conversion by Mallett, I am going to go back out looking for that Vette and Supra !!!!

Quick Reply: Races and Hotrodding