3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

20x9 SRT10 WHEELS WITH 285/50/20 COOPER ZEON LTZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20x9 SRT10 WHEELS WITH 285/50/20 COOPER ZEON LTZ

Well I know there has been a bunch of people wondering if and how this size tire wheel combo would run on our dakotas, my truck is a 07 Dakota.. The SRT-10 wheels have a + offset 25 and the tires are 285/50/20 Cooper Zeon ltz they work great with very minimal rubbing on the mudflap and I mean very minimal.. I ran 20 miles with the truck and only heard it twice, this is one of them things you can fix when you get around to it..

I hated to pull the wheels and tires off because it look "BAD AZZ" or SICK as some of you younger guys say it but there is to much salt and snow on the roads yet for me to run these yet.. I have to say one thing I dont like is the lug nuts you get from this guy when you order them, not enough surface contact area for my liking the stock lugs work allot better but they need to be powder coated black or just left chrome what ever is your preference.. These tire wheel combo wont improve your gas mileage if thats what your looking for because these bad boys are big, there is some thing else I wanted to mention but forgot for the moment..

Remember these pictures dont due the truck justice, every thing is filthy and I mean every thing, wheels tires truck every thing no time to clean to much time spent today making two trips picking up the wheels and tires from discount tire and running them for awhile and then changing them back out to the stock wheels.. I remembered what I wanted to say these tires raised the truck another 1/4" at least, when I went to jump in I was like dam this is higher yet I did want to mention that I have 2" Trail master leveling kit and 2" blocks in the rear of the truck.. Cya Slick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1603wt_1166

BEFORE

0111001620.jpg

AFTER

Picture291.jpg

Picture290.jpg

Picture297.jpg

Picture296.jpg

Picture295.jpg

Picture294.jpg

Picture293.jpg

Picture292.jpg

Old 02-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They look great. I thought about getting a set of SRT10 replicas but went with the 20" Granite Alloys instead. I love them brother. and yes, they look sick

Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Thanks Blown287 thats enough for today, time to head out for some Mexican food, here is a picture of the tires off pilled up in the garage.. Cya Slick

downsized_0220001444.jpg

Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pics, and great choice, but uh oh... I didn't know you had a lift...won't that be a problem for me at stock height with the same sized tires?

Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM
canadiandodge
All Star

thats looks awesome good to know we can go a little bigger

Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Originally Posted by trucky
Great pics, and great choice, but uh oh... I didn't know you had a lift...won't that be a problem for me at stock height with the same sized tires?
I thought you had the leveling trail master kit on your truck dam, Uhhhm I will do my best evaluation if this truck was back to stock height if the tires will fit or not.. Check out blowns setup because I am pretty sure he is at stock height with 20" wheels not sure on his tire size tho.... Cya Slick

Old 02-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Originally Posted by canadiandodge
thats looks awesome good to know we can go a little bigger
I got tired of hearing people on here say you cant run a 285 and I was nice and keep my comments to myself because the math does not lie.. With the right offset you can run a 285 I have learned a ton while I was shopping for my wheels because when I got started I did not have a clue.. I am glad I did not just get the narrow *** tire to play it safe and be like everyone else, I wanted width man it changes the whole appearance of the truck thats for sure and remember this offset is only a 1/2 inch different then the stock offset.. Cya Slick

Originally Posted by ericemery
yummy, get them tires shined up and it will look MINT!
I still need to paint the calipers and the drums yet and I need to wax the heck out of the wheels before I even think about putting them back on the truck and I have to see what I want to do about the lug nuts.. Cya Slick

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 02-24-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Merge
Old 02-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

as for miles per gallon, like I always say fill er up when she needs it, I did not buy a truck to worry about mileage.. I also plan on putting one of them Electric fans on just because what better way to free up power right.. I also would not mind updating the front brakes with them ebc brakes I think there called.. I would like to do the exhaust but I dont know if I want to hear that loud exhaust like I use to also a nice CIA should round this truck out..

You talk about under powered check this out, this baby only had a slant six motor in it and I pulled a 16' boat for a straight 13 hour trip.. It only made around 150hp if that I was trying to find the info but dont want to spend all day looking for it.. Every time I filled up with gas I had to water down the top of the radiator on that trip to help with cooling LOL.. When I finally got to my destination 13 hours later pulling that boat it barley would go up a hill LOL so you see why going with a tad bigger tires on a truck with 60hp more then my old blue and a full size at that dont bother me much none LOL.. Cya Slick

Picture191.jpg

the funny thing was my neighbors where checking out the truck as I was putting on the wheels LOL.. Cya Slick

Last edited by Altair; 02-21-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Merging triple post

Quick Reply: 20x9 SRT10 WHEELS WITH 285/50/20 COOPER ZEON LTZ