3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

To do a shift kit, or to not do a shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 PM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
Alright, so I guess I have decided against a shift kit. A valve body is out of the question right now, as I dont have the money for the core. It would just suck to stick money in to a shift kit/valve body, for the computer to readjust the pressure and make it feel stock again. I bought another tuner this morning, but I am much happier with the price. I got a brand new Flashpaq 3865 shipped to my door for $285.26 so I saved over $135.
I have a valve body core I would sell you for $40 you pay shipping, you can probably sell yours once you get the Sharadon installed and recoup your investment.

Glad to see you got a better deal on the flashpac!

LB

Old 03-14-2010, 03:48 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks LB! I will definetly think about it. I was reading about doing a stage 2 valve body on my truck, but do I need to upgrade the torque converter too? Im not even sure if a stage 2 wouldnt be overkill for a mostly stock engine and drivetrain.

Trucky, your truck is going to be awesome when its done. I blew my whole tax return on mine this year .... and there is more to come. My problem is I always like the expensive things.

Quick Reply: To do a shift kit, or to not do a shift kit