3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dakota 2011 End?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Senate427
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood_CGD
The dakota's problem is not its size/mpg/or price because look at the tacoma. The tacoma is a very large mid-size truck, is the most expensive mid-size pick up and the mpg are similar to that of the dakota or gmc canyon. The problem dodge has with the dakota is its marketing and quality issues. They need to find funds to fix the quality issues most common in the dakota then market the truck accordingly.
In my opinion 1st gen and 2nd gen Dakotas kicked Toyotas ***. But the 3rd gen Dakota I think Dodge got cheap and lazy just to make quick buck. If the CEO of Dodge is smart maybe he is putting the Dakota in hibernation to come up with a new design for the 4th gen. And I think the only way that the Dakota can come back is if Dodge offers the following models and with new improved engines.

Just my dream below

engines V6- 300hp v8- 397 unleaded gas or Diesel with a 30mpg+ maybe electric motors

Dakota Commercial truck- reg cab

Dakota Mini Dump truck- reg cab diesel

Dakota Sport package- ext cab or reg

Dakota SLT luxury- 4 door or ext

Dakota FST family truck- 4 door

By the way does anyone here find it strange that Ford and Dodge are getting rid of there smaller trucks the same year?

Last edited by Senate427; 06-01-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Dakota 2011 End?