3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Any one have montro sensa tracks and swithched to Rancho's

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:45 AM
whistle pig
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one have montro sensa tracks and swithched to Rancho's

I have the monro's. Huge upgrade from the stock junk. I have since put a 2" leveling kit and 265/75/16 tires. The extra weight of the tires over the puney stock tires is really maxing out my new shocks. Same potholes I hit going to work, now with the larger tires, I'm back to bottoming out again on the front. Going over bad road sections, the unpredictable, bounce all over the road feeling is happening again. Anyway, has anyone had the monro sensa tracks and switched to Ranchos? Or does anyone have the Rancho's and think they ride too stiff? I"m just wondering if it would be worth the money to get the rancho's. If they're the same as the sensa tracks, I wont bother switching and just live with the crap ride. Thanks for responding.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Amanka
Professional

I cannot speak for the monroes, but the ranchos i have i am very impressed with. The ride is stiffer than stock for sure, but it is much more secure. If you hit a bump, you hit it and its done, no extra bouncing. I have hit some pretty descent things in mine and have not bottomed them out yet.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I'll definitely agree, the Rancho's are not too stiff. I have 20's on and feel so secure going over bumps and dips. Not even close to bottoming out, I highly recommend them.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:41 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Big Rancho fan here, been using them since I was in high school (and old Ronny was the President). Of course I like Monroes to, seeing as they are one and the same... Can you say "Tenneco"? LOL...

Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your running the stock steel wheels with heavier 265/75s, you have a pretty heavy tire/wheel combo. I would imagine it would eat up the ranchos just as fast as the monroes.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
whistle pig
Rookie

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench4000
If your running the stock steel wheels with heavier 265/75s, you have a pretty heavy tire/wheel combo. I would imagine it would eat up the ranchos just as fast as the monroes.
Right, it was encouraging to hear dakotaff say the ride is decent even with the heavy 20" rims and tires. The extra weight of the of these tires has brought me back to square 1 with this front end. BTW, when putting on the leveling kit both front tie rods were shot! This is with 35k miles. Ball joints were still good at least. I love the truck and I'm happy with it, just got to get this thing riding better. Thanks everyone for responding. I Think I will get the Rancho's and sell the monro's. Now to get the wife to free up some cash! I can hear her already, "didn't you just buy shocks for that thing like 6 months ago?"

Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah dad just got my truck inspected and said a tie rod had to be replaced...does anyone know if this is a common thing with our trucks?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bottom out?

i have a leveling kit with monroe with eavyer wheels and you are not bottoming out its the upper arm that hit the spring when fully extended!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 AM
SilverGhost1
All Star

I have to get my shocks done this month. I am going to get the Rancho 5Ks because of the reviews everyone has given for them.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost1
I have to get my shocks done this month. I am going to get the Rancho 5Ks because of the reviews everyone has given for them.
Good choice, I don't hear anyone who has them say anything negative about them.

Quick Reply: Any one have montro sensa tracks and swithched to Rancho's