3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

brake shudder TSB adressed out of warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
sethgtrx4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry brake shudder TSB adressed out of warranty?

hey whats going DF,

A couple of days ago my truck rolled to 40K miles. My brakes have always bothered me with the brake shuddering issue. The whole time Ive been driving it I thought that it was un-even pad wear or a slightly warped rotor. No biggie right? I went ahead and bought rotors and pads from brakeperformance.com thinking that it was about time to get the brakes done anyway. everything was $200 for the front. The day after Im on DF and I find the TSB (05-002-06) reguarding the drums, shoes, and even the axles being the cause of the shuddering. WTF. I knew this has been an issue but I didnt know that there has been a TSB out since may of 2006. Ive been to the dealer taking care of other problems (TSB # 21-007-06 Trans filter, delayed engagment) and Ive asked "is there any other TSB's I should know about or take care of"? I was always given the run-around " oh no theres nothing else showing up" Isnt the piont of registering our vehicles with the company is to get these kind of notices? Why does the consumer have to do all the research on finding these TSB's and other issues? Anyway, Ive contacted my dealer, they said they'll get back to me after contacting the regional manager. I also filed a complaint with Chrystler HQ and got a case number for this issue. sugestions? comments? anybody have a simular issue? please write back thanks.

Dave.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well tsb's shouldnt have anything to do with warrenty, its a safty thing, and if they are telling you that, then something is wrong, my buddy just got a $2000 injection pump changed on his 91 cummins absolutely free of charge under a tsb, just a couple months ago, thats almost 20 year old tsb!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PLZ try this!

lift truck and remove and install back the 5 nuts and hand tighten them and do the right X methode to tight them and check with a tork wrench i fix my problem like this i save 400$ of part i bought them and bring them back after i figure out that it was the impact gun fault!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
popsnbeer
Captain

Dakkk - where are you from that your English isn't quite right?

DT - how do I find out if my 06 dak is under that TSB. mine has 71k on it and I get the shudder braking hard from about 50-60mph.

seth - sry to hear about that. I have had similar problems with my dealers here in AZ. it always seems like the dealer is trying to rip you off (well, i guess it seems that way because they are).

Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DT - how do I find out if my 06 dak is under that TSB
about 1/2 way down the page on the left, enter the last 8 of vin#

edit: now that i look at it, this may not cover TSB's, but there is alot about TSB's on google

https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/

Last edited by dodgetrucker75; 08-06-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker

lol oops just check your wheel nut if torked equal!

Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM
sethgtrx4
Professional

dakk-

I get my tires rotated on a regular basis...every oil change or so. this shuddering issue is been exisiting for a long time. what did u do to get your truck to look the way it does? are those 33's? im getting ranchos and a leveling kit soon. but im thinking of putting on some agressive 31's on it...

Old 08-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default ok

the point is not to rotate the wheels, its to use a torke wrench instead of a impact gun thats how i fix a MAJOR shuddering problem!!!!!

and to have it look like my sig you need performance accessories 3'' bodilift and a 2,5 rough country 395S 199$ front spacers and 1,5 rear block and rear shock kit

and 285 75 16 tire but MAJOR rubbing problem to frame need 16X8 0 offset wheels i have some installed but no pictures.

mickey thompson classic II seem to be the only choice.

inner fender trimming...

Old 08-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker

try your hand brake on the road to be sure you have the shudder comming from the rear. dont forget to hold the release lever!!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 PM
brswift31

Dak, correct me if im wrong but the parking brake is a drum style and the actual braking system is disk, so applying the parking brake wont tell you a thing about shutter

Quick Reply: brake shudder TSB adressed out of warranty?