3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anyone have HIDextra.com kit installed on their Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:54 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have HIDextra.com kit installed on their Dakota?

So I missed the $44 a set sale, so since the price is up to $120 for two pairs Im thinking about doing BiXenon HIDs in the headlights and HIDs in the foglights with both being 6000k. Total: $165

Does anyone have the HIDs from www.hidextra.com installed on their Dakota?

Anyone have another brand of HIDs with good success?

Just looking for feedback with any known problems, including if they cause interferance with our radios. Thanks guys.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, Eric made me do it haha... yah install is everything, they are a good product. Be sure to ask for a forum discount.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
rengnath
Champion

Sweet, because they have an awesome price.

Do the relays come in the kit, or is that something I have to pick up seperatly?

And what kind of relay do I hook up and how do I properly hook it up so I get no static?

Thanks for the input guys.

Edit: Is this what Im looking for: http://www.hidextra.com/hid-relay-harness-818
And our trucks use H13 for the headlights, and H3 for the fogs? Or 9003 for the fogs? Because I only need HIDs in the fogs, not the hi/lo kit.

Sorry for all the questions, but is this a good video on how to install the relay? I want to connect the relay to the battery and the ballasts, and then the spade connectors to only one of the bulbs while leaving the other bulb plugged in to it's ballast?

Last edited by rengnath; 09-07-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Email them, Michelle will hook you up with the correct kits, and they all come with the correct relays. They also come with instructions. You don't need a video, and I never found any specific to our kit, they are all similar but different. My point is you can follow the instructions and if you need help I did 2 kits recently and myself and a few others can answer any questions you have.
Your headlights only use one original hookup to plug into the new harness, like you mentioned.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Bajabob
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed them a couple of months ago and they are great. I went with the bixenon 6000 for my headlights. Didn't get the fogs though. The instructions they refer you to on the net were not that great but the hooked me up with great install schematic when I called tech support.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had them but I got tired of not having a real high beam so I switched to Silverstar ultras. much better. and people were flashing their highs at me constantly. the install was easy but I wasn't happy with the light output on high beam, and the low beam pattern was scattered. but i think it may just be hid kits in general, unless you get the bi-xenon, but even then the beam will still be scattered.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 AM
sullysdetailing
All Star

Normal Kit in the fogs
Bi-Xenon in the headlights if you want high/low if not you can use a regualr kit. Just make sure that you use a relay kit for the headligths

Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

I want them on my truck!!

Quick Reply: Anyone have HIDextra.com kit installed on their Dakota?