3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

sorry new here. looking for some input asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFoster1025
once again i know this is going on and on but where else can i ask specific questions and get the answers i need in order to determine if i should buy this truck.
here is my last question (for now lol) since this truck does have big tires, and i like the look of it, and i may lift it more later, and get even bigger tires (depending on my possibilities) is the front end of this truck going to wear out all the time? ive seen one thread saying the guy had to replace his rack and pinion every 30,000 miles. and once he took his big tires off the problem stopped...

also how capable are these trucks offroad? i like to go mudding every now and then, it has to be good on snowy/icy roads, and if possible id like to travel, and do some very easy rock crawling courses. just more of hill climbing and sightseeing in a desert.
would this truck in its current state (the current lift) be adequet for moderate rock crawling, and mudding? also a thought i had was, if the front end is prone to breaking with bigger tires, is it going to be very prone to breaking if i do any type of offroading

would i be better of with a tacoma or frontier? or are they similiar?
Some people have problems with leveling kits and bigger tires. I was going to do a leveling kit, but after reading all the posts by monkey I decided not to. A ton of people have the level kits with no problems. You can only level and body lift these trucks. There are no specific lift kits. Offroading is not one of the areas of specialty for the 05+ Dakotas as the front frame rides so low. You should be able to go offroading, but you have to be aware about bottoming out.

Quick Reply: sorry new here. looking for some input asap