3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05-07 NAV radio bezel

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Rich (Altair) has one also.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 PM
SLT07Dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm excited about putting this in, If I have issues selling this truck, I may part it out and take the U-connect whole system , backup setup , the wheels are still in decent shape and I believe it has the backup camera too!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blown287
I think Rich (Altair) has one also.
Yup, you have to cut the bezel. Also if it's a MyGig make sure it's for a LOW speed CAN-BUS system, not a high speed one. You can find both types in different Chrysler vehicles but the system in our trucks is low speed and you need the matching radio.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
Yup, you have to cut the bezel.
Thanks brother, thats what I thought.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain

Do yourself a favor and pick up an extra 05-07 bezel on Ebay (or elsewhere).
This way you have a stock one to put back if you decide to trade your truck in...or royally screw up cutting out the opening

I found that the **** openings ("ears") are a little too wide for the Mygig. I used plastic weld and filled them in (about 1/8") and then cut out the bezel to size.

Take your time and do not file off too much at a time..

Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
LB
Veteran

Originally Posted by Hammond_Egger
Do yourself a favor and pick up an extra 05-07 bezel on Ebay (or elsewhere).
This way you have a stock one to put back if you decide to trade your truck in...or royally screw up cutting out the opening

I found that the **** openings ("ears") are a little too wide for the Mygig. I used plastic weld and filled them in (about 1/8") and then cut out the bezel to size.

Take your time and do not file off too much at a time..
or pay you to do it WOW, you did an excellent job! Did you just paint it after filling/fitting? What type of paint?

The bezel has been my only hesitation in doing the mygig mod.

LB

Old 12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong! They are not the same at all. I have a 2005, and have added a Mygig with NAV (RER).
You need to trim out the opening of the bezel, radio mounts fine in the dash.
woops! sorry guy's, i dont know what the **** i was looking at, but obviously not correct, thanks hammond

good luck with the install these mygigs are awsome, you will love it, and it should plug in, but like said be sure you have a low speed unit and i believe you need a lock pick unit to make it work with the 05-07's, the lock pick is an awsome feature in it's self, something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MyGig...fAudioQ5fVideo

Old 12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain

I found that any model paint/plastic paint or Rustoleum any surface(I think that is what it is called) works great. The plastic weld stuff is awesome, much better than epoxy or filler.
The stuff "sticks" and does not come off...I used a modified "nibbler" to enlarge the opening...it stayed stuck even when I used the nibbler! (I know, big deal....but I thought for sure it was gonna pop off..I digress...).

I am going to modify another bezel soon (just bought another off Ebay) and will be selling the one you see in the pictures at some point. I really HATE the location of the 4WD switch....any cup I put on the passenger side will not fit...so I am going to modify a bezel the way I thing it should have been

That is, when I find the time to do it

Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 PM
SLT07Dakota
Professional

I found that any model paint/plastic paint or Rustoleum any surface(I think that is what it is called) works great. The plastic weld stuff is awesome, much better than epoxy or filler.
The stuff "sticks" and does not come off...I used a modified "nibbler" to enlarge the opening...it stayed stuck even when I used the nibbler! (I know, big deal....but I thought for sure it was gonna pop off..I digress...).

I am going to modify another bezel soon (just bought another off Ebay) and will be selling the one you see in the pictures at some point. I really HATE the location of the 4WD switch....any cup I put on the passenger side will not fit...so I am going to modify a bezel the way I thing it should have been

That is, when I find the time to do it
Thanks guys for all the info, I am sure I will be bugging you guys more as I get closer to installing it.

Hammond, If you make another one anytime soon.....i will buy it.
You did a great job on that Bezel.

Mark

Old 12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
SLT07Dakota
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgetrucker75
woops! sorry guy's, i dont know what the **** i was looking at, but obviously not correct, thanks hammond

good luck with the install these mygigs are awsome, you will love it, and it should plug in, but like said be sure you have a low speed unit and i believe you need a lock pick unit to make it work with the 05-07's, the lock pick is an awsome feature in it's self, something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MyGig...fAudioQ5fVideo

Is there a way to tell between the high and low speed?

Also what is the purpose of the lock pick?

Thanks Mark

Quick Reply: 05-07 NAV radio bezel