3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05-07 NAV radio bezel

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
SLT07Dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazyistkarl
i was doing some research earlier about going double din, if i remember correctly the mygig swap head units arent a full double din? can an after marked double din fit in our dash opening? (2005-2007) i prefer going after market for sub hookups, which im also hoping to get around to one of these days but having a quad cab poses some problems in that department
Good Question Karl, I was wondering the same thing, is there a aftermarket deck that fits/works well in these trucks?

I found a my gig out of a 2009 300c for $450, I will be making arrangements to get it soon.

Thanks Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Supra
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hammond_Egger
I found that any model paint/plastic paint or Rustoleum any surface(I think that is what it is called) works great. The plastic weld stuff is awesome, much better than epoxy or filler.
The stuff "sticks" and does not come off...I used a modified "nibbler" to enlarge the opening...it stayed stuck even when I used the nibbler! (I know, big deal....but I thought for sure it was gonna pop off..I digress...).

I am going to modify another bezel soon (just bought another off Ebay) and will be selling the one you see in the pictures at some point. I really HATE the location of the 4WD switch....any cup I put on the passenger side will not fit...so I am going to modify a bezel the way I thing it should have been

That is, when I find the time to do it
Put my name in your list!!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Fred Cagedog
Cool

A mygig radio (RER,REN) is not a full double din. I'm tring to put a newer RES radio into my '07 with inegrated sat radio. I now have everything I need except a new bezel. I can't bring myself to hack that thing up without a backup.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a bunch on Ebay for like $50.00...grab one before they are gone!

Quick Reply: 05-07 NAV radio bezel