3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

lift for 2005 dodge dakota

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:28 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what company is that? cause we already have around 10 inches. wouldnt take much squeezing an extra 2 inches out.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Desert_Rat
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he said not to mention the company name yet so they don't get swamped in emails and calls just yet...but I guess it should give another 4 inches, so maybe its like 14...Im not sure. But he said its not done by using longer control arms, it uses the stock lower and replaces the upper, putting a more extreme angle on the control arms but the upper has a ball joint that can handle it. he said it rides smooth as can be.

I figure aftery they put the 4" control arm drop kit on I will have them add the long travel and I will set it at 3" so it will give me 6" in the front (I lost an inch from the weight of my bumper and winch) and 4" in the rear which should level it out.

I'm pretty excited, especially since he knocked off several hundred if I could recruit some buyers and post pics of my truck with it all on there.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:56 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Desert_Rat
he said not to mention the company name yet so they don't get swamped in emails and calls just yet...but I guess it should give another 4 inches, so maybe its like 14...Im not sure. But he said its not done by using longer control arms, it uses the stock lower and replaces the upper, putting a more extreme angle on the control arms but the upper has a ball joint that can handle it. he said it rides smooth as can be.

I figure aftery they put the 4" control arm drop kit on I will have them add the long travel and I will set it at 3" so it will give me 6" in the front (I lost an inch from the weight of my bumper and winch) and 4" in the rear which should level it out.

I'm pretty excited, especially since he knocked off several hundred if I could recruit some buyers and post pics of my truck with it all on there.
you should pm me the name then so i can see if its one of those fly by night "thinks they can build long travel" companies....hopefully its not. but you never know. yes you can easily lift the truck a few more inches with a uniball upper control arm without extending anything. since my jig has provisions for 3" extended and stock. i may build a set of uniball stockers for the uppers...but keep in mind. going higher still allows the upper control arm to hit the coil itself. which is what the extending of the control arm prevents

Old 02-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Desert_Rat
We talking 2wd or 4wd, and how much dough are we talking? I might be interested if the price is right.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Backwoods18
We talking 2wd or 4wd, and how much dough are we talking? I might be interested if the price is right.
i wanna take a shot in the dark and say 2wd since he didnt mention diff drops or cv replacements....but you never know

Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06dak287
i wanna take a shot in the dark and say 2wd since he didnt mention diff drops or cv replacements....but you never know
damn cv Shafts!!!!! lol

Old 02-11-2011, 05:18 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

lol dude. just buy a couple of these and your set

Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these??? you tear apart C.V. and just remplace the internal?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

yes. its as easy as that. the cv's on the diff side get replaced with these. did you read the article i posted? the 930 cvs take extreme angles and ALSO makeup for driveshaft plunge because they can also go in and out

here

heres a quote straight from the article...

"Like the outer CV joint, the lower A-arm has no trouble withstanding the demands of a long-travel suspension, but the upper A-arm's geometric disadvantage is similar to that of the inner CV joint -- not enough arm length creates too much angle through the suspension arc. As suspension travel is increased, the angle of the ball joint becomes so acute when the suspension is compressed that the ball joint is taxed severely. To retain the stock A-arm length, KORE designed a stout billet aluminum upper control arm with a unique, rebuildable high-angle ball joint that is asymmetrical, featuring more throw in the outward direction the ball joint moves when the shock is extended and less throw in the opposite direction when the suspension is compressed."

"The outboard CV, which goes through the spindle on the steering side of each half shaft isn't the problem. It can handle up to 30 degrees of motion as the suspension swings through its arc. The inboard side, however, is only good for about 16 degrees -- not nearly enough to handle the demands of a long-travel system"

Last edited by projektdirtfab; 02-11-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: lift for 2005 dodge dakota