3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lift kit already here!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:33 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Desert_Rat
you don't believe it til you see it (or have it) but once you do the party is on
I think that's what she said .....

Old 02-11-2011, 11:38 AM
gjmoran
Captain

lol

Old 02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Amanka
Professional

Originally Posted by Desert_Rat
Thats a good idea too. Well before I talk to him again lets come up with a proposal. What do you guys think would be best as far as asking for discounts related to group buys etc? Like should I ask what discount he could give for group buys of 10 or 20?
I've been a part of some group buys where they did so much off for every so many people, like in one i did it was like 3% off for every 5 people and something like that seems like it could work here. It would be sweet it you could get him to do something like that and we get a bunch of people to group buy it works awesome for everyone, or maybe get him to do 5 for 5% Otherwise just ask what he could do if you could sell 10 or 20 immediately

Last edited by Amanka; 02-11-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Desert_Rat
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahaha!!!! (to "thats what she said" line)

Ok, I will let him know. I feel like asking him what I can do to speed this up...I'm getting ancy haha.

Last edited by Desert_Rat; 02-11-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
gjmoran
Captain

when i say it sounds too good to be true, it just sounds odd that some company would all of a sudden start making the lift kit 5-6 yrs later without knowing what kind of response they would get back. response meaning getting an idea of how many people would buy it etc

Old 02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gjmoran
when i say it sounds too good to be true, it just sounds odd that some company would all of a sudden start making the lift kit 5-6 yrs later without knowing what kind of response they would get back. response meaning getting an idea of how many people would buy it etc
I hear you man. Since I've been on the G3 Dakota scene in 05, I've heard this claim a dozen times. If you search you will find threads just like this one. I'm very skeptical when there isn't a company name, pics, links, etc.

I waited about a year and a half for energy suspension to make the polyurethane motor mounts for our trucks they kept promising. Then I gave up and had a set of solid mounts fabricated. I would love to see it happen for you guys but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If this is real, there is no harm in posting up the companies name. The secrecy of this company makes me even more skeptical.

Last edited by Blown287; 02-11-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
gjmoran
Captain

ya thats what i was thinking, like why wouldnt they want people to know? that is like contradictory to the thing of actually making it. if ur making something to sell u would want as many people to know as possible

Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default lol

lol its not the company that dont want people to know...its desert rat that dont want us to know to have his good deel :P

Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
bruno426
Captain

Originally Posted by Dakkkota
lol its not the company that dont want people to know...its desert rat that dont want us to know to have his good deel :P

This sounds suspicously like Chassis Tech, they made a 4 and a 6, and then yanked them cause there were either damaging trucks, or falling apart them selves.

There are countless horror stories from Chassis tech, and air bagit.

They have marketed under the names airbagit, chassis tech, and truckinsuspension to my knowledge, not to mention possible other ones that I have not heard of.

If this is the same company, count me out, I would trust my own skills are designing a kit over them, and that is saying something as I have ZERO experience.

take the time to read on other forums about the quality of the stuff sold at airbagit, not just the suspension for our trucks, but anythig in general, everything save for one person with a brake hose, has complained about the items failing very quickly, and the company not being willing to replace it.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...kit-found.html

Here is a thread already addressing this lift kit.

Here is the LMGTFY for AIM industries.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=a.i.m+industries+reviews

Take your time, unless this is a different company read up, you dont want to waste your money with these guys.

Last edited by bruno426; 02-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default lol

we will see with blown287 shocks!!! they are from them!

Quick Reply: Lift kit already here!?!?!?!?!?