3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

HHR fan arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dakkkota
how do you hook the wire in the box??

i did it temporary (twins the wire around fuse and relay pin)

how do i ajust the deral???

Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Ueland
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did it temporary (twins the wire around fuse and relay pin)

how do i ajust the deral???

hopefully your read the instructions.. but to adjust it you just turn the little adjustment screw in the front of it.

my way was to get a cold truck, then turn the ignition on (not the engine) then adjust it till it turned on. once I did that I backed it off a bit just so I knew whch way to turn it etc etc... Then I started the engine.. kept checking the temp gauge till it sat where it used to and adjusted the screw so the fan was on at that point. I then shut the truck down let it cool a few degrees and made sure i had it set where I wanted it. double checked it for about a week but was happy with my initial set point.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ueland
hopefully your read the instructions.. but to adjust it you just turn the little adjustment screw in the front of it.

my way was to get a cold truck, then turn the ignition on (not the engine) then adjust it till it turned on. once I did that I backed it off a bit just so I knew whch way to turn it etc etc... Then I started the engine.. kept checking the temp gauge till it sat where it used to and adjusted the screw so the fan was on at that point. I then shut the truck down let it cool a few degrees and made sure i had it set where I wanted it. double checked it for about a week but was happy with my initial set point.

post pix on how you pick the wires in the fuse box pls!!! i did it temporary still dont know how to do it right

Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Ueland
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post pix on how you pick the wires in the fuse box pls!!! i did it temporary still dont know how to do it right
Here.. just posted about it..
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2486084-post37.html

Here's the whole thread...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post2486084

Quick Reply: HHR fan arrived!!!