3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

OMG!!! :o i am soo glad i had my truck aligned

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OMG!!! :o i am soo glad i had my truck aligned

The tie rods were split in two. and the steering rack is cracked In three places Holy crap!!!

this is gonna be soooo expensive....:icon_d oh:

nah not really . but it was toed in pretty bad after the leveling kit install. I actually got to watch them do the alignment and the guy that did it was really cool. the first thing he checked was the ball joints and tie rods. he said they looked like brand new. no play whatsoever. i have attached a print out of the alignment specs. before on top and after on the bottom.

the best part is after he test drove it around the block he said that is the best sounding dodge he had ever heard... then he said usually only chevy's sound that good... (backhanded compliment to me.)

They are actually a firestone store and i had some time to look at the tires while i was there and i think i am going for some destination m/t's

Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You posted this 12 days late!

That's funny what he said about the exhaust, at 2 different local exhaust shops back in Maine the guys all agreed Dodge sounded the best with aftermarket exhaust on them.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear all is well with your truck man. As far as exhaust, Travis's exhaust cutouts right after the cats sounded like a dragster. It would push small animals out of my driveway every time he would rev it, lol. Too loud for me but it was certainly an attention getter.

IMHO, nothing sounds better than a great exhaust system on a Dodge.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
You posted this 12 days late!
I knew that was coming. i had to do something for april fools. all i got to do this year was hide all my moms coffee cups and spoons while she was asleep so she couldnt make coffee.

i've always thought chev's sounded soo weak with duals.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear all is well. The 4.7l exhast does sound sexy. Most Hemi guys would agree that the 4.7l sounds better than the 5.7l, no joke. The 4.7l is a mean sounding engine. Big bark, little bite though when its not modified.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a bunch of 4.7L Dodge trucks around here, I can hear them coming a mile away.
Every time I fuel up, someone comes over to me and asks if "I have a Hemi in there" (I don't turn the truck off when fueling up, come get me pinko tree huggers).

I always answer "not yet"

Quick Reply: OMG!!! :o i am soo glad i had my truck aligned