3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Picked up the new (to me) Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 AM
TomZ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenicX
That it a really nice looking truck. You got the full package there. Wish I had the posi and ABS on mine... Do you mind telling us how much you paid after doc fees?
Doc Fees, that's a story in itself. Florida law allows uncontrolled "doc fees" legaleese for added dealer profit. The Florida dealership wanted to charge me an additional $499 on top of the agreed advertised, on AutoTrader price of 18, 995, plus temp registration of $20, plus a FL tire and battery fee of $1.50 and of course sales tax. According to my research, any doc fee must be included in the advertised price, unless the vehicle is advertised through multiple dealerships. I had copies of the FL statutes, FL Attn General interpertation, Florida Auto Dealer's Association interpertation, and a copy of the Auto Trader ad, with the applicable parts highlighted. They were actually bewildered. Several dealership people hemmed and hawed, before taking $499 off the price, but still charging me the Doc Fee. It seems if one person doesn't pay the Doc Fee, a Class Action can be brought against the dealership. In all fairness to the dealership, they handled it quite professionally. I don't think they knew they were in the wrong. The junior salesmen were amused by the higher-ups huffing and puffing. I told them I was there to buy the truck, either way, they just needed to make me understand how I could be charged the Doc Fee twice. They couldn't. I didn't pay it. It was actually pretty funny, even though it took fours hours to make the transaction. They never got nasty, and neither did I. The Pensacola dealer even picked us up at the airport. Unfortunately for them, they thought I was at the closer Panama City airport: Salesman: "We're here, by the F-15 static display". Me: "There's no F-15 here" Him: "Are you sure?" Me: "I was in the Air force for 28 years, I know what a F-15 looks like." Him (to nearby FHP Trooper) " Is there another Panama City Airport" "S%$t!" "Tom, I'm sorry, we'll be there in an hour". Comedy. I also paid the dealer $400 to have Line-X sprayed. I think I got a great deal. Even if I didn't, I love this truck.

Last edited by TomZ; 04-15-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Rusty513
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice truck, love the headlights & the new grill. What part of Ohio do you live in? I'm in Cincinnati.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:53 AM
TomZ
Professional

Originally Posted by Rusty513
Very nice truck, love the headlights & the new grill. What part of Ohio do you live in? I'm in Cincinnati.
Columbus 'burbs.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 AM
TomZ
Professional

Originally Posted by jkeaton
yes, thats correct. It goes resonator, muffler, resonator. I would remove both resonators if you want the true sound, otherwise the resonator after your new performance muffler will alter the sound. I think someone on here did that and it was too quiet.
I'm going to try it with the small resonator first. I love how quiet the truck is at cruise. If it doesn't have the "performance" sound, the bullet resonator can always be removed later. The guy that tunes my Neon drag car is an awesome fabricator/welder.

Quick Reply: Picked up the new (to me) Dakota