3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

The OFFICIAL "WTF" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The OFFICIAL "WTF" Thread

I hope this is ok, moderators. If not, please PM me.

This thread is dedicated to:

-One problem you have run into regarding our trucks.

-Dodge parts related to our trucks.

-Dodge service related to our trucks.

-You can only post once. (I don't want a person posting 400+ times every time they want to say, "WTF".)

I've decided to call out Dodge on a really stupid thing that outright just pissed me off. Rengnath was nice enough to sell me his door moldings off of his truck. So, I scraped the old adhesive off. Then, I call Dodge..."Hey, I'm looking for the double sided tape for these moldings"...

parts guy "Yeah...uh....no"

Me "For......why?"

parts guy "Because we don't sell it"

Me "I'm confused, why don't you sell it?"

parts guy "Because we don't carry it"

Me "Well how the hell do I aquire this stuff? I'm sure people have to replace the sticky tape at some point. Auto collision shops need to aquire it...soooooooooo...."

parts guy "you can only get the sticky tape on the moldings"

Me "Wait wait wait. You're telling me that the only way for me to get the tape is to purchase the moldings with it already installed?"

parts guys "Uh...yeah...thats what I said"

Me "WTF?"

Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM
TomZ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
dsimm87
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls replaced (leather was pealing). Dealer (in TN) said it was gonna take a week to get it in and I was fine with that. I got a call the next day and the dealership said they had a steering wheel (woop woop!). So I wait as they replace it and then they tell me that the steering wheel comes as a separate order from the radio control buttons (WTF #1). I asked them if they could just take the buttons off of my old wheel and they said they had been trying to do so. They couldn't, so they overnight the buttons. They install them and I'm all set (so I thought). Upon a 10 hr drive to Texas the next day, I hear a rattle whenever I turned my steering wheel. Then once I turned into a gas station, my steering wheel locked up mid-turn. Thankfully, I was able to muscle whatever it was that locked it up, and made it safely to TX (I was nervous as heck tho). I took it to the dealer (this time in TX) the next day and they told me that I had a small Lego block that was causing the lockup (WTF #2). They were trying to get me to pay for the service because it was my fault (they never said that but they were implying it). I asked to see the piece and it turned out to be a radio control button from my old steering wheel that the dealership in TN dropped into the steering wheel housing (WTF #3). I got it all taken care of. Funny thing is that I still have the service papers where it says "lego block in steering wheel".

Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

went to dodge to purchase my two wheel bearings, get to service desk, all wheel bearings are on back order, gonna be a week or so before they get any in, call napa in front of service manager, hey what do you know, they have plenty of them. Thanked the service manager, walked out to napa across the street, purchased my bearings and had them installed

Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I could go into a long, drawn out story about my 09 Journey and the passenger side window that suddenly quit working, in the down position....but...aw h$ll, I will anyway because it is so absurd.....

Friday take it to the dealer. Diagnose bad power window motor. No PW motors stocked, have to order from Dallas. Make an appt. for Monday. Take car home for the weekend with a piece of plastic duct taped over the window because they could not get it to roll back up. WTF#1

Take car in Monday morning. Call monday afternoon. "Sorry, the part was diverted to St. Louise, it will be here tomorrow" (St Louise?, WTF#2)

Call Tuesday, part not here, snow has delayed shipment (this was during all the bad snows we had). Part should be in tomorrow.

Call Wednesday, part came in....but..."they sent us a whole door panel and not the motor" WTF#3. They told us the loaner we had was only a 3 day loaner due to the type of repair, so we have to take the car home, not fixed and still duct taped. They will re-order the motor. WTF#4.

Friday afternoon they call to say the motor is in and to make an appt. to drop the car off the following Monday. Bring the car in Monday morning, get a call @ 2 pm stating the new motor is installed but the window still does not work. WTF#5. Now we are told there is a recall on the window wiring harnesses and they have to wait for the details before they can order parts/repair. Tell us to pick up the car, which they did manage to get the window back up and they charge us the $100 extended warranty deductible even though they did not fix anything yet (we were just over 36K but they would not budge on fixing it under the 36k everything warranty) WTF#6.

A week later we get the notice in the mail about the recall and to schedule an appt. Take the care in and they finally get it fixed by replacing the wiring harness in both doors. Also, the $100 we paid is refundable due to it being a recall. So I get my $100 back. As I'm there, I notice their pricing board. They have "differential service" listed for $395. I ask, what does the differential service involve?? "Replacing the fluid in the front and rear diffs"...Seriously?? @$400 to replace the front and rear diff fluid??? WTF??????

oops...my apologies Donkey....i read the part about this thread having to do with "our trucks" but apparently decided to blatently disregard that instruction....feel free to have a mod delete this post. My bad.

Last edited by jkeaton; 04-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

WHY are we not able to lay a 4 foot wide sheet of ply wood, sheet rock, or other things inbetween the wheel wells? WTF
Why do these trucks get CRAPPY fuel economy?
Earlier this year, In january, I took my truck in to get my exhaust mannifold bolts replaced. (WTF#3-1) I also had them look to find the cause of my whine from the front end, and why my truck has a lopy idle.

Took it in on monday morning, and they give me a dodge neon loner. (WTF#3-2: i have a truck for a reason, please give me a loner truck)

They called back that afternoon, sayin that i had 2 broken exhaust mannifold bolts, my front ring and pinion was screwed, and suggested that i get my fuel injectors cleaned. I was like ok fix the bolts and ring and pinion. They said it was gonna be 2 days till they got the parts.

The next day it snowed badly, could barely get arround in the fricken neon (again WTF #3-2 i bought a 4x4 truck for a reason, give me a truck) THen on wednessday, they said that the parts are still on the way. Ok ill give ya the snow shut down the heartland for a couple of days, ok. then on thursday, still no parts. Finally on Friday, we get parts in, but they break 2 tools tryin to remove my front diff. (WTF #3-3, you had my truck all week and didnt have it apart?) Then on monday (week#1) they said that they didnt get a shim kit with my front ring and pinion. (WTF #3-4, why dont that all come in a kit, packaged all together?) Its on order, will be here in a day or so. (WTF #3-5, if its been a week, OVERNIGHT THE PARTS) Tuesday, it snows, and almost shuts down ks and mo (parts are sittin in St. Louis) Wednessday, dont call, too p***ed to talk to them. Finally Friday, they get the ring and pinion in, and by 430 call me and tell me that i can have my truck back.

When i bought my truck, i had them do some IOU work to it, fix center console, it wouldnt open, touch up some paint on front bumper, and arround truck bed where it was rusting, deburr inside panneling where it got scraped kinda badly and fix seatbelt shroud.

They got the center console to open. They did get the burrs removed. They didnt write down seatbelt on the work order. Finally the paint. I have a chip and scratch on the front bumper that they took a SILVER SHARPIE AND COLLORED IT IN! WTF it looks crappy, and after i took my presure washer after it for the first time, it came right off. they didnt even touch the rusted paint chips arround the bed. WTF?????

Old 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM
keithhud
Professional

I have (2) items.

1. The fly by wire thottle. All I can say is it sucks!!

2. Front Passenger Window motor works sometimes but not other times. I know I just need to take it to the stealer and get it fixed.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
ruger226
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF #1 I have a rust spot on my back passenger wheel well. I know i live in NY but i know a lot of people with older car than me with way more miles and rust free. O and i wash my truck once a week and still rust.

WTF#2 Oem shocks are a joke 50k miles and it feels like a old lincoln or caddy.

WTF#3 No hemi!!!???!?!?! Come on dodge you can put a hemi in a wagon but not a dakota?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Brian9
Veteran

What is up with all the window problems lately lol... My 1999 3000gt drivers side window would not roll up and had to purchase a $282 motor and cable combo because of one .50 cent part breaking. Then $50 at a friends mechanic to install it. Only one place within 50 miles had the $282 part in stock, but if you guys think you have it bad think about how bad anyone with a 90's model zr1 vette has finding motor parts.... that is a huge wtf.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I'm changing the rules of this thread. Feel free to reply to peoples WTF's, just keep it moderate. I definately don't want a hi-jacked thread.

I have to say, I think Superdak was the only one to post a "positive WTF?" I could have sworn that all "WTF"s would be negative, lol.

Seriously, there are some funny stories on here so far.......

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL "WTF" Thread