3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Has anyone experimented with different gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Blu3P0ny
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by damyankee84
All gas at all gas stations is basically the same. It all comes from the same pipeline and storage facility. The only difference is when the different companies pick it up they ad thier own additives to the mix to make it thier own special blend. So someone like BP is going to use a better additive then say the walmart gas stations.
It all comes from the same pipes... just gets shipped in different trucks. Maybe gets pumped further for different stations.

Additives are the only difference, and that's not much of a difference really.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu3P0ny
It all comes from the same pipes... just gets shipped in different trucks. Maybe gets pumped further for different stations.

Additives are the only difference, and that's not much of a difference really.
While you are correct about their being a difference in the additives, I don't believe its fair to claim that it is the only difference. We've seen up to a 4% varience in ethanol blended fuels (almost all gas station have this) here in Colorado.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said, here our Kwik Trip gas stations get the fuel tanked from Nothern WI. There is a refinery less than 30 minutes away from Milwaukee, but thats not where they are getting their gas. The BP I go to has an Open Pantry tanker, so Im not sure if they are picking it up from the Great Lakes Refinery or from somewhere else. The gas doesnt always come from the same place.

Quick Reply: Has anyone experimented with different gas?